The Irresponsible Major Media

January 4, 2018

As we move into the 2nd year of the Trump presidency the media hasn’t let up on its 24/7 petty Trump bashing. For the past year I haven’t seen even one article or report from any major news sources on these issues:

4.1% unemployment

Record stock market gains

Illegal immigration down something like 70%

Employment for minorities climbing

Accurate reporting regarding Tax Reform

The repeal of the individual mandate and what that means regarding Obamacare.

The appointment of conservative federal justices … And the Supreme Court Justice appointee

How the de-regulating of Obama’s stifling regulations on business is expanding economic growth

Cutting of government waste

Reducing by billions of dollars contributions to the corrupt U.N. saving billions of tax-payer’s dollars

Keeping Americans safe here in the U.S. by trying to implement a travel ban of ‘refugees’ from hostile Islamic nations

The real defeat of ISIS

Recognizing Jerusalem as the capital of Israel … something a multitude of former presidents promised but never followed through

The withdrawal from the Paris climate agreement until it can be negotiated more favorable to the U.S. instead of us getting ripped off over the ‘global warming hoax.

Consumer confidence at a 17 year high

Those are just a few issues that President Trump has addressed and promises kept. HERE are some more.

I suppose I can’t say I have actually seen one report or article on any of the above. I have on a few … but not without the most bizarre liberal, left-wing reasoning as to why the stuff is bad.

What we do see every day from sources such as Newsweek, CNN, the HuffPost, the WashPost, ABC, CBS, NBC, MSNBC, The LA Times, The New York Times to name a few are stuff like the following:

Politics Newsweek
Trump Was Horrified When He Won the White House and Melania Cried, Book Claims

Politics Newsweek
Trump Eats McDonald’s Because He’s Afraid of Being Poisoned Elsewhere

Politics HuffPost
Trump Lawyer Moves To Block Explosive Book On White House From Publication

Politics Newsweek
Trump Told Hope Hicks She Was ‘The Best Piece Of Tail’ Corey Lewandowski Would Ever Have, Book Claims

Politics Newsweek
Trump Is Losing It: New Book Says President Can’t Remember Old Friends And Bannon Saw Chance Of ‘Unfit’ Determination

U.S. HuffPost
Some Trump Supporters Think Mueller’s Grand Jury Has Too Many Black People

U.S. Newsweek
Hillary And Bill Clinton’s Home Was Literally On Fire As Trump’s White House Went Up In Flames

Politics MSNBC
House Republicans call for Jeff Sessions’ ouster as AG

Politics Newsweek
Trump Campaign Officials Watched in Shock as the President and Bannon Tried to Destroy Each Other Wednesday

Politics Newsweek
Jared Kushner and Donald Trump Can’t Read Well, Former Employees Say

Politics Newsweek
Trump’s Impeachment Is ‘The Only Answer’ And His ‘Kremlin Klan’ Will Fall, Maxine Waters Says

Those are the current headlines at Yahoo News right now as I’m writing this. There are many, many more pathetic headlines as I scrolled down. Odd I don’t see anything other than Trump bashing. How irresponsible can you get? Tell you what, go to Drudge right now and check out some of the stuff that the major news networks should be reporting on. Such as: THIS and THIS and THIS.

I’m looking forward to this new year of the Trump Presidency!

1. January 4, 2018 11:51 am

As usual “Cry and Howl” brings clarity and sanity to the political dialogue with his most astute and insightful article here on the …. “Media” (a.k.a., “Muddia,” “Muddle-ia,” etc. What I want the American People to understand is WHY

• January 4, 2018 11:53 am

I didn’t get done with my comment —- What I want the American People to understand is WHY the so-called “Media” (Something we used to have but have only in name now) is the way it is and why it always refuses Conservatives their rightful voice. The reason the Media is the way it is is because the Media is now a wholly-owned subsidiary of the Liberal Left. (Totally owned; totally controlled; totally impregnated with Leftist propaganda and agenda!” Let there be no doubt of it!

2. January 4, 2018 1:40 pm

Ok.. so Trump is great and Trump is good. Then why are the polls showing only 35% approve of him? Please tell me, that’s because the liberally bought-and-paid-for (not sure how that can even happen) media has somehow managed to use those chem trails above our heads to mask the real truth? Mass hypnosis? I’m sure there’s a conspiracy theory somewhere we can use to explain this.

• January 4, 2018 2:13 pm

Actually.. this was a recent post that addresses your post.

• January 5, 2018 8:00 am

Hello Doug! I hope you and your family had a great holiday season! Well, the entire point of my article is to illustrate how the media subverts any good news such as the list I highlighted after the first two sentences. The entire focus of the major media is only on negative and petty attacks against the President. The 90+% negative media coverage of President Trump is common knowledge and fully documented. When a great number of people rely only on the major media for their information and the information reported is only negative what would you expect? You keep repeating this “Trump is good, great” line hoping that repeating it will trigger some defensive response in me. Glad to disappoint you in that. I’m not sure how people of even average intelligence can look at the short list I provided and come away with anything but a positive position on how the President is doing. I think your ‘poll’ number of approval is somewhat off, but I’m not going to get into a pissing match over it. “Polls” gave Hillary a better than 90% chance of winning the election right up until around 8 p.m. on Nov. 8, 2016. So I don’t put much stock in them … regardless, I really don’t care about it because I know how the media has affected that. LOL … conspiracy theory? Come on Doug; Ray Charles can see and understand what the media is doing. I watched a press conference last night. Sarah Huckabee Sanders started off by allowing a short video clip of President Trump highlighting some of the benefits of the Tax Reform bill. It lasted maybe 5 minutes. Then she took questions. Not one of the news correspondence folks even commented on it. They instantly started hammering her about this book that was just recently published. I sat there stunned (not really … disgusted was more the feeling) that the important issues were not even addressed … just the “tabloid” crap in a book that’s demeaning to the President. I’m sorry you fail to see that and it’s indicative of how successful the negativity of the media really is. It saddens me that you’re incapable of realizing you’re being obviously duped. Call it “hypnosis” or whatever … Have a great weekend and thank you for commenting.

• January 5, 2018 10:17 am

Doug; read the following article carefully comparing the headline with the content of the piece and tell me if you can’t detect a negative spin on what should be an obvious positive result of what the President’s policies are doing … Here is the title to the piece and the link to read it …
      “Job gains disappointment, unemployment holds at 17-year low”

• January 5, 2018 10:59 am

And I hope you and your’s had a great holiday season as well.
      So, in effect, what you are saying is the the bulk of the country is wrong when they disapprove of Trump because they’ve all been manipulated by a media that has somehow organized themselves and their internal organizations to only report Trump “negatives”?
      You honestly don’t think Trump has brought all this down on himself? Seems to me he feeds his own negative press just with his impulsive antics.

Consider this observation…. no question Trump got electoral points from the red states, formerly democratic, who were so disenfranchised because changing market conditions and advances in technology forced businesses to close or re-locate from those semi-rural areas. Yes, some of those businesses were also fossil fuel related… which felt the effects of lowered market demand (NOT Obama controls). Those local unemployment rates soared, forcing the ripple effect in the closing of smaller local businesses in downtown areas.. feeding the the reduction in real estate values. The economy for the rest of the country is going great.. yet these folks felt left out. As an American that bothers me that these folks were forgotten to some measure.
      So.. please tell me,, with all the Trump chest thumping about the lowest unemployment in the history of the world… and all those rescindings of Obama era restrictions that have prevented our economy from growing (in spite of the fact the the current economic recovery started well into the last administration).. and all the pontificating about uncontrolled illegal immigration sucking on the welfare teet and taking all those “wonderful” jobs from white Americans…
      please tell me if all this has made these disenfranchised red state folks any better off. Are they “mysteriously” all employed now and they are living happily ever after?

• January 5, 2018 11:25 am

Sigh … your application of being “disenfranchised” is way, way off brother Doug. Tell you what, I’m not going to argue with you about the economy doing better now. It’s a certified fact. If you want to attribute it to Barack … cool. I don’t care. As long as it’s doing better. I can see you’re so bent on ranking on President Trump, which is beyond obvious, that your reasoning is getting bizarre. I was mistaken when I wrote that the unemployment for the black community is the lowest since 2000. It’s the lowest it’s ever been.

• January 6, 2018 8:07 am

The Liberal polls are showing him at his lowest and the Independent polls are telling the truth … much like “Most Liberal blogs lie all the time and it takes a conservative to offer a shred of truth.” It’s an old old American thing … Liberals lie, Conservatives save the nation from Liberal folly. Nothing to see here except a little more propaganda … moving on.

• January 6, 2018 12:09 pm

Honestly, while Obama was not my enduring fave president in general.. I would gladly trade in a heartbeat a repeat of that entire list to remove the current ignorant, inexperienced, undignified, juvenile, behaviorally unsound, emotionally unstable and most uncredible, deceitful, and overt liar in modern presidential history. His day is coming because he brings it all on himself.

• January 7, 2018 8:00 am

Ah yes brother Doug. Your comment brought to mind an article I read days ago over at American Thinker. It behooves you to read it and I think you’ll get what I’m talking (writing in this case) about …

• January 7, 2018 10:13 am

Seems as if that article presents two concepts…. the first being, “if we can’t win by playing by the rules, then ignore the rules (of tradition).” The second, “it doesn’t matter who we slam into the role, what personality we shove into the breach to make change, as long as the changes are made.”; the end justifies the means. But the article does seem to make a valid point… Trump’s base is more incensed on the changing culture rather than changing politics… and yes, culture and politics are not the same, although both influence each other.
      The base wants white America back at all costs… and even though Trump himself doesn’t reflect the true conservatism reflected in his base (he lacks the religion) he has become the messenger-of-choice. The added benefit to the base in having this messenger is that Trump carries such an abrasiveness persona, behavioral dysfunction, disrespect of our democratic institutions, to the point that it is causing apparent chaos to the left and Washington elites, and sending the liberal media into uncontrollable rage. In other words, not only does the base get their desired changes.. they also get to shove it directly into the liberal faces and are loving watching the country squirm.

Yep. That’s what I got from that article.

• January 7, 2018 1:45 pm

Hmmmm … It’ll take some time for me to grasp how you arrived at your conclusions. Actually, stunning. So, I’ll get back to you with that around the year 3000.

3. January 4, 2018 11:52 pm

He’s done all this with the entire media, Hollywood, and academia against him. Imagine what he could do if they actually reported the truth and were half as decent to him as the ass-kissing they gave Barry.

I had such doubts about him in the beginning. I’m happy to have been so wrong. He’s been pushing multiple boulders up slippery slopes, and succeeding! My initial vote was against Hillary. My next vote will be FOR Trump. 🙂

*hugs* ❤

• January 6, 2018 8:15 am

I am in the exact same position except that I do worry about whether or not he will protect social security and medicare once Ryan starts his crap again … we will have to wait and see how that one turns out.

• January 6, 2018 11:38 pm

I don’t know why, but I suspect he won’t do anything to SS. I could be wrong, but time will show, I guess! Yeah, Ryan, to me, has been rather a turncoat. I used to like him, now I don’t trust him. Happy New Year, to you, John!

4. January 5, 2018 11:34 am

To all:
    I’m very much tired of the loony left saying how “embarrassed” they are about President Trump.
    Yet they weren’t embarrassed …

-Obama reneged on our commitment to put up missile shields in Poland and the Czech Republic.
    -Obama whispered to Medvedev that he should tell Putin that he would have more flexibility after he was elected.
    -Obama sneered at Mitt Romney in a presidential debate when Romney said Putin and Russia are dangerous.
    -Obama and Hillary left people to die in Benghazi while concocting a lie to protect his political power, because a terrorist attack would be inconvenient right before an election when he had been lying that terrorists were on the run.
    -Obama showed his lack of intelligence when he called ISIS the J.V. team, allowing the terrorists to build up.
    -Obama drew the fictional red line in Syria, which contributed greatly to the refugee crisis.
    -Obama failed to live up to our commitment to help Ukraine when it was invaded by Russia (international agreements meant nothing to Obama).
    -Obama was so arrogant and ignorant that he signed the Paris Accord, where he pretended that if people just give the government trillions of dollars, politicians can control temperatures, sea levels, and storm activity forever.
    -The way he was going to control the climate was by slowing the U.S economy and bankrupting coal companies and through stifling regulations. (I don’t know why journalists and other Democrats aren’t embarrassed by politicians who want to slow down the economy and make more people dependent on government.)
    -Obama failed to live up to his promise to move the U.S. embassy to Jerusalem.
    -Obama used taxpayer money to defeat a candidate in Israel. (Aren’t journalists and Democrats embarrassed to complain about Russia interfering in our elections when Obama interfered in someone else’s election with taxpayer dollars?)
    -Obama continually said that as president he could not rewrite or ignore existing immigration law and did it anyway.
    -Obama and his staff lied to willing accomplices in the media about lifting up the major sponsor of terrorism.

Obama and Hillary were and still are embarrassments to the U.S. The are not only embarrassments but dangerous. A whole lot of people exited the land of the living as a direct of their actions and / or inactions … yet the left is embarrassed that President Trump isn’t as good a liar as they were/are. President Trump doesn’t have a long trail of dead bodies dragging around behind him like the two aforementioned freaks of nature.

• January 6, 2018 8:09 am

Exactly … you are describing the fraud who squatted in the White House and apologized for America very well.

5. January 8, 2018 12:55 pm

Reblogged this on The way I see things ….

1. The Weekly Headlines – My Daily Musing