Getting weary yet?

December 17, 2017

This morning I opened my usual home-page to check out the headlines. Here’s what I see … (I’m not providing links for the nonsense. it’s too much of a hassle)

Politics HuffPost
63 Percent Of Americans Believe Donald Trump Tried To Obstruct Russia Probe

Politics The Cheat Sheet
Brutally Honest Reasons Why Trump Will Probably Never Be Impeached

Politics Newsweek
Impeach Trump If Mueller Is Fired, Says Former Ethics Director

Politics Newsweek
Trump Is Failing to Keep His First Promise to Americans: Stopping Undocumented Immigrants, New Report Says

Lifestyle AOL.com
Where’s Barron? First son’s absence from official White House Christmas portrait raises questions

That’s enough. Then there’s this:

Celebrity Time
Barack Obama Dressed Up As Too-Cool-For-School Santa For His Latest Appearance

The ‘news’ wouldn’t be complete without a little Obama gushing!

Some of them I read, a couple of them I didn’t bother with as I already know pretty much what’s in them. Much of them are self-contradictory.

I have a co-worker, my office manager who is a very nice young lady. She really isn’t much on politics though she does get curious and we’ll have some discussions occasionally. Judging her limited political knowledge I would say she leans to the right. (thank goodness, I’d hate to have to fire her! KIDDING!) The other day she came in and said that when she gets up she’ll turn on the news for the weather report, etc. She said that it’s very frustrating to her that she can’t listen to any news outlet without instantly taking in a bunch of Trump bashing. In her words, “It makes me want to scream at times!”

I think this is a sub-ploy by the media. Of course the major media has been in full 24/7 Trump bashing mode since the campaigns and have accelerated their efforts to take him out considerably. I believe the major media also figures that if they constantly bash and trash President Trump enough, that people will simply get so sick of it, they’ll want to get someone else as President just to shut them (the media) up. I can almost see that happening in the example I illustrated.

I think the most stunning to me is the fact that we never hear anything about topics such as how the economy is doing, job creation, immigration, terrorism, or how the GDP is up around 4% (considering under Obama it was barely over 1%). How the unemployment rate is about 4.1%. How consumer confidence is so high the stock market is setting record after record and this started happening instantly upon Trump winning the election. I don’t know how the ‘tax reform’ will affect the middle class of which I’m there. I think it will be good basing my judgement simply on the standard deduction being doubled. I don’t give a rat’s ass if the “rich” get to keep more of their money. It wouldn’t do me any good if they were taxed 100% of their income. It’s hilarious to read the comments regarding the negative reports about the tax overhaul. The number of people who buy into the tired old “tax-cuts for the rich” line of crap is ridiculous, especially when even if that were true, it has nothing to do with those commenting. I guess they relish the thought of the “rich” being punished. Who knows? I can’t track with a liberal mind-set.

I believe that the ‘special investigator’ Robert Mueller has been tasked with investigating whether or not the Trump campaign ‘colluded’ with the Russians to influence or ‘rig’ the election for Donald Trump. I also think he’s looking into some obstruction of justice offense regarding the investigation. It’s odd that after all this time and all this investigating has been done that nothing nefarious has been uncovered on the Trump side of the thing. It’s odd because it’s been pretty much established that the Hillary campaign has been exposed front and center for those very charges. Not to mention colluding with prominent media personalities and even high ranking FBI personnel to take out then candidate Donald Trump. But the media has been focused on Trump’s over-indulgence of Diet Cokes (Pulitzer Prize anyone?), and watching television. The up-coming new year should be very interesting indeed.

1. prsmithsr permalink
    December 17, 2017 10:48 am

“It wouldn’t do me any good if they were taxed 100% of their income.”. . .But it would do you a great deal of harm and every time they advance toward that goal people suffer.

2. December 17, 2017 11:01 am

Yes, I’m getting very tired of it but it began long before Trump, it began with the constant and consistent fawning over Obama who was/is no angel.

3. December 17, 2017 11:44 am

You see…

If they had some good wonderful positive news to report on about their crony DemocRats

They would not have the time to bash President Trump

4. December 18, 2017 1:36 am

I think of it as the liberal assault on the conservative voter. In one respect they’re right – we will get so sick of it – but not sick to the point of picking a different president, just sick enough to turn off the media.

*hugs* ❤

• December 18, 2017 6:23 am

I sure hope so Vanessa. I know when I read some of the comments on any attack articles that liberals have the tendency to set common sense aside and eat up the most idiotic accusations against the President.

5. December 19, 2017 7:29 pm

The Mueller fiasco is designed to generate money and job security for the participants and is the most modern version of McCarthyism that I can reference. I wouldn’t be surprised if his next act would be to start looking to find out how many Russians are hiding inside our Government.

6. December 21, 2017 11:22 am

Good morning Steve,

You know, I do not hear them anymore but I did notice that while the President was celebrating his signature achievement that the Communist media complex with friends in tow are now pushing the line, courtesy of the WashPo (who else?)”
    Forget what they say — House Democrats are readying for impeachment. The article written by Paul Kane, NeverTrumper sounds like ’tis the season for Marxists to solicit for donations.

• December 21, 2017 2:24 pm

Hey Denise! Yes ma’am, they’ve been focused on foolishness for over a year now. It’s escalated since President Trump sent Hillary to the woods to lick her wounds. The endless articles saying how bad the tax cuts are is utter folly. What chaps my a$$ is that liberals will see their taxes go down, get more of their own money to spend, save or blow on crack and it won’t be enough because the “rich” got some of their own $ as well. HuffPost, WashPost, MSNBC, CNN, etc. are disgraceful and I can’t for the life of me understand how anyone can believe what they say.

7. Deplorable Infidel permalink
    December 22, 2017 8:43 pm

Who cares what the fake news scumbag media propaganda outlets say! It’s the party of turds at work and it is repulsive. They’re all butt sniffers that answer to the commie thugs in charge. The fact that they are legally adults is hysterical – also gives a bad name to adults. All those wankers think they are immortal but their judgment day is coming soon.