If you’re an illegal alien in San Francisco you can get away with murder … as long as you kill an innocent American citizen

December 1, 2017

Well okay, the ‘jury’ in San Francisco deliberated and returned a ‘not guilty’ verdict for the illegal alien who shot and killed Kate Steinle. Not murder, not intentional or un-intentional manslaughter … nada, nothing, zip, zero, zilch. He was found guilty of only being a convicted felon in possession of a firearm. I guess we have to consider that this happened in California, the same state which a long time ago found O.J. Simpson not guilty of murder, but I digress. So, Kate Steinle was walking along a pier in broad daylight with her father. The shooter had been deported five or six times prior and returned illegally into the U.S. He was being held in jail then released as San Francisco is known to be a “sanctuary city” or in other words a “safe space” for those who break the laws in America. I have to think … I live in Texas and if I’m carrying my pistol and I have a concealed carry permit, and I recklessly discharge my weapon in public and kill someone, I pretty much believe I would wind up in prison for at least manslaughter. Who knows? “accidentally” killing someone through carelessness, negligence, etc. is punishable by prison time … in real America. The shooter in the Kate Steinle killing ran after shooting her. Is a convicted felon, illegally in the U.S. and in possession of a stolen gun. “Not guilty?”

I find the remarks of the defense attorney in the Steinle case quite stunning,  Defense attorney Matt Gonzales said, “I hope they do not interpret this verdict as diminishing in any way the awful tragedy that occurred.” ‘Diminishing?’ Nah, not in San Francisco. Click on the above link to get the story. I suppose there won’t be any riots or burning of businesses …

In New York a guy was hunting and mistook a woman for a deer (he was around 200 yards away and it was dark), shot and killed the woman. Truly an accident and an immense tragedy. He’s charged with 2nd degree manslaughter. He didn’t run. He called 911 right away. He tried to stop the bleeding until the authorities arrived. The guy is white. The guy is most likely going to prison. HERE is the link to the story. Read the last paragraph carefully.

1. December 1, 2017 7:20 am

Love your blogs, you always tell the truth. I have been following this case and am appalled and yet not surprised too much at the verdict, this is happening in this Country (UK) too, makes me sick. All political correctness gone mad. They imprison an ex soldier for being homeless outside Buckingham Palace because he has nowhere else to sleep, he has mental problems, sort the problem lock him up, justice? Immigrants can rape young girls and Police do nothing or local authorities or governments of anyone one else. Can you imagine that beautiful girl Kate looking at that scum about to shoot her. She deserved JUSTICE so did her Family. President Trump is so right. Keep up you good work. Going to reblog.

• December 1, 2017 9:20 am

Thank you Anna Cottage! Yes, this is a perfect example how far down the morality in this country has gone. Heck, nothing is sacred. I saw a nativity sceen where two bearded men were gazing at the infant Jesus like they were his parents. Sickeninig!

• December 2, 2017 1:19 pm

I am glad to see another person from Great Britain commenting on a blog here in The United States and I appreciate your sentiments that you have expressed. I often correspond with at least one other person from Britain who also blogs and his attitude about the immigration problems in Great Britain is sort of “Oh well … maybe it isn’t as bad as you Yanks want to make it out to be ….” It appears to me sometimes that the average British Person might be unaware of the depth of the problems that unbridled immigration have brought to their shores. I am certain it is not an attitude of disinterest but for some reason I have reason to believe that a lot of Brits simply accept what is happening to their country. At any rate and in any event I am so glad to be able to read your comments here on “Cry and Howl” and I believe you are … as they say …. “Spot On!”

• December 3, 2017 6:51 am

Great comment John and I agree, there are actually some people in the UK that haven’t lost their minds yet! Anna Cottage is a class act for sure and a welcome guest here always.

2. December 1, 2017 7:22 am

Reblogged this on Anna Cottage and commented:
    Another very informative blog on the murder of Kate Steinle and the freeing of that murderer.

3. December 1, 2017 8:30 am

From what I read and understood from it

The illegal had a very smart and sharp lawyer

To first keep out of the courtroom his past

Then to plant the seed in the minds of the jurors…

Was this a calculated murder or just a tragic accident

{{The jurors must have looked at the illegal and thought he didn’t seem smart enough to calculate anything}}

Even though in my (who cares) opinion he still committed murder

Then the brilliant Prosecutor…

The very best he could come up with is calling the matter “playing Russian roulette”

It’s a disgrace to the Legal System but then again its California

4. December 1, 2017 10:31 am

First things first…

I have followed your posts for a long time and I think that this is the first with which I have disagreed. Knowing I will not be popular because people are upset about the verdict, I must state that I was just as upset about Kate’s death at the hands of a multiple-offender illegal alien as any other US citizen…

1. Murder involves intent or is coupled with a crime like burglary or mugging, Kate was not murdered, she was killed.
    2. The perp’s history with the law was not part of the trial and could not be considered by the jury. This is standard procedure, the jury finds innocence or guilt based on the facts of the case and the judge takes history into account at sentencing.
    3. It is unlikely that the perp had ever handled a gun, he was an illegal alien and a drug user, not a gang banger, etc., and he was certainly not familiar with the Sig. Someone unfamiliar with guns will almost invariably pick it up with the finger on the trigger.

So the remaining question for the jury was ‘Did the evidence at hand rise to the level of manslaughter without a reasonable doubt. The evidence as I understand it is…

1. It was reported that the Sig had been modified and that it has a hair trigger.
    2. The weapon must not have had a manual safety (lever type; see #4)
    3. The bullet ricocheted off the concrete which attests to accidental discharge and lack of intent.
    4. The jury requested that the gun be brought to the jury room indicating that they were curious about how the weapon operated (safety features) and the trigger pull (could it go off accidentally; ref. #1).

Regardless of the ability of the prosecuting team, clearly they did not have adequate evidence, even circumstantial evidence, to come to a guilty verdict for manslaughter given that ALL TWELVE jurors voted not guilty. Unless there is evidence of which I am unaware, I don’t know that I would have voted differently had I been on the jury. They did find him guilty of felonious possession of a firearm which, I understand, could get him 10 years in prison and given his illegal alien/drug violations would not be out of line in my opinion (though we know the proclivity of liberal judges in Kalifornia). In addition, I understand that the Fed is considering additional charges which almost certainly would add 5 years or more on top of that.

Given the facts, would you sentence this man to 10 to 20 years in prison when the evidence is strong that it was an accidental discharge?

• December 1, 2017 12:16 pm

It saddens me that you can twist yourself into such a delusional state defending the “immigrant.”
      First, he’s not going to get 10 years in prison. He could get 3 years of which 2 are already served, in which case he could be released almost immediately. Next, his story changed multiple times regarding the discharge of the weapon. I think it reasonable to assume that most people understand that pulling the trigger on a gun results in firing a round if the gun is loaded regardless of the familiarity of the specific weapon. The story changed from it being discharged accidently when he allegedly unwrapped it when he allededly found it. Then it discharged when he stepped on it, then he admitted firing the gun trying to shoot a seal.
      I don’t believe anyone was looking for a murder conviction. However there are quite a few applicable charges that the guy is beyond a resonable doubt guilty of. Example, the case I referred to about the hunter. That will not turn out well for him. Rarely does someone kill another human being, especially being reckless with a firearm and is simply let go … I’m 68 years old and I don’t remember any cases of it. No, the discharge wasn’t accidental according to his own admission. Perhaps he didn’t mean to shoot the young lady … but again … he actually intended and did fire the weapon.
      Here’s the link:

• December 2, 2017 1:22 pm

We need to keep these kinds of criminals out of The United States regardless of what the vague little nuances of this case may have been. It is because of a multiple-offender illegal alien that an innocent American is dead. You can argue details until your face turns blue. The simple truth is that if this individual had been handled according to our laws in the first case this young lady might still be alive.

• December 3, 2017 6:53 am

There’s no doubt that had it not been for the city of San Francisco violating federal immigration laws young Kate would be celebrating the holidays with her family. I think the family should sue the city for that and for violating her civil rights. What’s good for the loony left is good for sane people.

5. December 1, 2017 1:17 pm

Yes, I’m aware of his changed story, the miscommunications, etc. in the situation. Put yourself in his position for a moment, are you really going to intentionally fire a gun in such a public place at seals or anything else knowing you’d be asking to go to jail, be charged with felonious possession of a weapon (which I know was explained to him) and be deported after serving a prison term? Is that really what he wanted to happen? I don’t believe he did and I believe that the discharge was accidental.

• December 1, 2017 1:20 pm

Also, yes, I agree with the 3 year sentence and getting out in about 1 after time already served (that was new information for me) BUT there is a Federal warrant that will prevent his being released and I have no doubt that his prior deportation came with a deferred sentence with additional charges likely to be added. He won’t be a free man for a long time.

• December 2, 2017 10:05 am

There’s no way I could put myself in this guy’s place. I mean, there may be some people in prison who thought they would get away with a crime, but most knew they’d get caught. So, why do people commit crimes? I have no idea. But I can promise you there are a lot of people in prison right now who face very similar situations … killing someone accidentally.

• December 2, 2017 1:23 pm

The discharge of the weapon may have been accidental but the perps illegal presence in this country was not accidental and the Law is at fault for not doing its duty a long time before this tragedy ever took place.

• December 2, 2017 1:39 pm

The perp’s presence in the country was not admissible in court. It had nothing to do with the trial and is a separate issue which, hopefully, the Fed will properly address in this case.

• December 3, 2017 6:56 am

Precisely John. That’s why I included the story about the hunter from New York who shot the woman mistaking her for a deer. I can tell you, that guy is going down. If the verdict turns out similar, I’ll be stunned but the odds aren’t good and that my friend was an accident, a tragedy and changed the lives of those families forever. Can we think the state of New York will have mercy on this white guy? I trow not.

6. December 2, 2017 11:42 am

We could go on and on about the facts, many of which we don’t know, but the jury heard the case and unanimously found insufficient evidence for conviction and I do not believe that it has to do with it being in California. I know it sucks for the Steinle family but hopefully the Feds will get him on probation violations, weapons possession and other crimes. It would not bother me a bit to see him get 20 years or more in a federal pen (which would equate to 40+ years at the state level (good behavior).

7. December 2, 2017 1:26 pm

Dear Cry and Howl — You have sounded a warning that the country needs to hear over and over again until it finally wakes up and smells the roses and does something to make sure these kinds of people cannot stay here (Or get here in the first place) and disrespect our laws the way they do and harm our people the way they do. This perps ability to walk free out of a courtroom after what he did is nothing more or less than an open invitation to other illegals to come and to the same kinds of things and to make targets out of innocent American Citizens and I believe that if the Law doesn’t start doing its job in regards to illegal immigration we are all going to be sitting ducks with targets on our backs. Great job is exposing a truth that is hard to hear but that is absolutely critically needed for all Americans to hear and pay attention to.

• December 2, 2017 1:36 pm

I could not agree more. . .build the ‘wall’

• December 3, 2017 7:01 am

Thank you John. You’ve been a dear friend for many years now. In the beginning we had our differences and sometimes I’ll sit back and laugh at our exchanges. Regardless we’ve both grown in our opinions and found more than middle ground. I think back then I failed to see that you love America like I do … we just had a different take on how to go about steering her in the right direction. Did you notice just yesterday President Trump pulled the U.S. out of the U.N’s migration deal? He said America will determine her own policies concerning immigration and protect our borders. He said the U.N’s policies jeopardizes our national security! The story barely made the news but I did stumble across it.

8. December 2, 2017 10:18 pm

I think we should build an impenetrable and unscalable “Legal” wall if we never get to building the physical one made of bricks, stone, mortar or steel. If we had an effective “Legal” wall it would do the same amount of good as a physical one. But we have too many whiners, do-gooders, and soft-hearted apologists running amok in this country who turn a blind eye to immigration madness … It just sucks!

• December 2, 2017 10:23 pm

I cannot help but wonder what the verdict would have been had this individual been a legal citizen of The United States? I believe that if this individual would have been a citizen of the United States they would have kept on trying him and trying him until they finally got a verdict that would have put him away until The Lord makes His Second Coming!

• December 3, 2017 7:08 am

I can tell you John. If I discharge my pistol in a public place and kill someone whether through negligence or stupidity, I’m going to prison for something, even in Texas. I think the prosecutors made a stupid move in charging him with actual murder. This tells me that either the prosecutor is stupid or he knew the guy would be found not guilty. He clearly (?) didn’t intentionally single Kate out to shoot her. I’m stunned the prosecutor would even try to get a murder conviction as most of the time they won’t go after something they even think they can’t accomplish. but again, that’s San Francisco.

• December 3, 2017 7:04 am

We always hear the loony left exclaim “A wall won’t do anything!” That simply isn’t true. It’s not the final or only solution but a wall like you suggested would go a long way in deterring entry into the U.S.

December 3, 2017 6:23 am

I’ve never “found” a firearm. Some years ago I found a big, black, heavy Maglite in the roadway early one morning. I read that besides illumination it was used as a baton by law enforcement until LA Police Department moved to use a smaller LED flashlight that couldn’t be used as a baton, as it “ensures officer safety as well as protects the public.”.
    Although I wasn’t familiar with the use of the Maglite, that didn’t cause me to accidentally club anyone. 🙂

• December 3, 2017 7:10 am

LOL! Yeah, I’ve never found a firearm either Tom and I don’t even know anyone who has. But you know, I’ve never found a hundred dollar bill either but know someone who found $400 once and little Rini found $300 once!

10. December 4, 2017 11:53 am

Howdy Steve,

Pray all is well with you and yours, my friend.

As you know I live in NYC. A few years ago, my neighbor’s son, a thirty-something Black American, while walking home from work was attacked walking down a street he had walked down for nearly 40 years of his life. It was a knock-out attack and the thugs who did it, illegal aliens from El Salvador.

The police made no effort to find the thugs.

During the first week of January in 2016, Jimmy (hubby) who is wheelchair bound along with his home health aide entered the supermarket on the Avenue. As the aide shopped for Jim’s groceries, two illegal aliens approached him in the front of the supermarket and robbed him.

Jim had just come from the bank taking care of his retirement and disability checks. Unbeknownst to me, he had more than a $1,000 cash on him (I was so pissed). The owner and staff of the market are Domenicans, they did nothing. They told the police who did even less that they saw nothing.

I recalled both incidents on Friday when the Steinle verdict came in.

While others may disagree, an American, Black, white or whatever had done what this alien dirtbag did, the jury would not have been so forgiving nor the judge.

As Americans, we are now walking targets in our own country and illegal aliens have been allotted a special class above American citizens. We have to get these scumbags out of office.

Re-blogged at Grumpy’s https://grumpyelder.com/2017/12/04/if-youre-an-illegal-alien-in-san-francisco-you-can-get-away-with-murder-as-long-as-you-kill-an-innocent-american-citizen/

• December 5, 2017 7:47 pm

I’m so sorry to ‘hear’ that Denise. It really infuriates me. I tell Rina to ALWAYS go armed when going for her daily walks, etc. and she rarely does. Granted we live in a safe neighborhood, but anything can happen to anyone at anytime and I would come unhinged if something happened to her … and she didn’t listen to me. She has a concealed carry permit and rarely carries her gun. I keep mine with me 24/7 and have even started carrying in our church. I feel bad for you in NYC. You and your loved one could always move to Texas! 🙂 Rina would be delighted! Take good care young lady.

11. December 5, 2017 3:03 pm

Nailed the sad reality. But a drunk driver kills someone it is manslaughter and reckless endangerment, go directly to jail 7-12. Yet I don’t think we’ve seen the last of this guy. Maybe a convention speaker or immigration activist, you think?

1. WHAT SHOULD WE MAKE OF THIS? GUNS KILL PEOPLE? – Citizen Tom