About that ‘racial equality’ thing

September 25, 2017

Been kinda checkin’ around the last few weeks, looking for something to write or voice my humble opinion about. Most folks who visit humble Cry and Howl pretty much know where I stand on most of the “issues” heaped upon us today. Basically, I think the professional athletes should be a bit more thankful to a nation which allows minorities to dominate several professional sports and make 10’s of millions of $ doing it. Around 70% of NFL players are black and close to 80% of NBA players are black. A great number of these “talented” folks are nearly illiterate (just listen to any of them giving an interview). So, they get the money, the trophy wife, fancy cars, million dollar homes, bling, and then protest a the National Anthem and the American flag because of  ‘un-equality’ … kind of ridiculous. Hell, let’s do this their way … let’s do a little Affirmative Action here and regardless of talent force the NFL and NBA to hire according to the percent of racial make of America. Hmmm … I don’t think there would be that many black players around the leagues to protest anything. Ah, just a thought.

Oh, I know they’re also protesting cops killing people of color who assault them and try to take their guns. I don’t know what to tell you except perhaps it just might be a good idea, if you get stopped by the cops to do exactly what he/she says. Then you could live to bitch about getting stopped …

Anyway, I read this piece over at Amerian Thinker and thought I’d share it with the good folks visiting in case you missed it.

1. September 25, 2017 12:17 pm

Well.. maybe we finally agree on something.

2. September 25, 2017 3:23 pm

Thanks again for your nice words, Steve.

My objections with the man are way more about his persona and inexperience which I consider a largely non-partisan issue. Not to debate that aspect in this post… but just using that to understand what you fielded in the last paragraph regarding him having owned a team. I know you are suggesting that given that “experience” that somehow he has some measure of the pulse of professional sports to the point that his tweeting out that protesting players are sons-of-bitches needing to be fired will be received on the “inside” as some wise and sage communication.. is a bit of a stretch, my friend. He has a solid and established habit of just blurting out stuff off the top of his head at the moment. You may find that appealing and refreshing coming from the White House, I most certainly do not as it does nothing to instill confidence in the man if he has trouble filtering his own thoughts, who already has severe credibility problems.
    There’s also the issue that he’s done far more tweets on this sports issue in the last few days than any reference to North Korea, the emergency relief efforts in Puerto Rico, and even the healthcare hail mary suggests his mind has wavering priorities.

Here’s the thing, Steve… what I espouse as a Trump shortcoming you and your’s assign as his strength. That’s certainly bewildering to the both of us, on its own. I have enjoyed some of the discourse with CitizenTom as he has not just shut me out as being some whacked “libtard” (I consider myself a liberal conservative actually); so many conservative blogs just have no tolerance.
    Regardless… as you said.. we both want the best yet finding the way to get there a bit of the bog controversy.

• September 25, 2017 7:35 pm

Well, actually he didn’t call all the players “sons of bitches.” He said that if one of them protested in the way they are now, wouldn’t it be great if the son of a bitch was fired. A bit different than what the media reports. Putting things in the proper perspective and accurately reporting of what is actually going on would go far for us to make better judgement calls. We can nit pick all day the words spoken by the President who as far as I know also has the freedom of speech … I could be wrong on that. The NFL was going to fine the Dallas Cowboys if they honored the five cops killed by the loony BLM member if they put decals on their helmets. Personally, I find it objectionable that last July just days after five Dallas police officers were gunned down by the BLM and then another cop was put in a wheel chair for the rest of his life by another BLM member by throwing a concrete block through the windshield of his care that Barack Obama honored the BLM by inviting the founders to the White House. Again, I refuse to take part in this phony protest which puts our law enforcement as a whole as racists just looking for a black person to shoot. It’s beyond sickening especially when the BLM movement was founded on a lie to begin with. And I saw the articles where the media pushed the thing that Trump is spending more time tweeting about the NFL protests than the problems with North Korea, etc. I think it’s certified b.s. How the hell do they know what the President is doing beyond looking at his tweets? I have to tell you Doug that Donald Trump is not a stupid man and he is playing the media like a fine tuned fiddle. There is no way he’s going to lose this piss ant little NFL conflict. I can promise the vast majority of Americans, right and left are disgusted with it. We’ll see, I guess time will tell. Thanks for your most welcomed comments.

3. September 26, 2017 12:24 pm

Steve! Excellent points so I featured your link in my post today. Hope you are feeling well and I’m glad to see you blogging again!

~ Christine

• September 26, 2017 1:08 pm

Thank you Christine! I’m doing somewhat better now. I plan to start blogging more regular now that I’m feeling better. I’ll stop by this afternoon for a visit. I hope you and your loved ones are doing good as well.

4. September 26, 2017 5:00 pm

I’m no expert on NFL protocol, but I heard via a commentator on the news last night that respect for the flag and anthem (via standing) at pro football games is written in the bylaws of the NFL organization. I guess if those “running the show” choose to ignore that, then they can take the side of the protesters and “the heck” with what is right and true.

• September 26, 2017 6:19 pm

In July (I believe) of 2016 five Dallas police officers were murdered by a member of the Black Lives Matter crew. Another cop was paralyzed and in a wheel chair for the rest of his life because one of the same threw a concrete block through the windshield of his car. Within days of those events Barack Obama invited the founders of BLM to the White House. The Dallas Cowboy football team wanted to place stickers on their helmets to honor those murdered cops … the NFL would not allow it and I believe threatened to fine the club. This is where we’re at. The major media is hands down the enemy of the American people.

• September 27, 2017 12:00 pm

What is so awful is that because of the media of mass deception, many people here is America do not know about the five Dallas police officers being murdered by a BLM terrorist! That’s what they are…terrorists! Those who support the BLM, Antifa, and BAMN (By Any Means Necessary) groups are terrorist enablers and/or sympathizers!

Last night, Sean Hannity had a great interview with Bill O’Reilly (who was there promoting his new book, but also discussing current events). I’m not a fan of O’Reilly, but I really think that he has learned A LOT about what is actually going on here in America since he was fired from Fox News. Apparently, both Hannity and O’Reilly were given death threats if this interview was “allowed” to happen. So outrageous! Bill also gave a plug to Sharyl Attkison’s book “Smear.” It’s being sold on Amazon and the complete title is The Smear: How Shady Political Operatives and Fake News Control What You See, What You Think, and How You Vote. I want to get and read that book! I also hope that millions more Americans who tuned into Hannity’s show will buy and read it.

You are absolutely correct when you wrote, “The major media is hands down the enemy of the American people.” Sometimes Fox News falls into that category (Shepard Smith, Juan Williams for example), but at least Tucker Carlson and Hannity are taking on the media of mass deception!

5. September 27, 2017 8:01 am

I have in the past so enjoyed reading your Posts, and all the truth and sense therein. Looking at America from over here in England, I am sick of hearing “Black Lives Matter” whereas a White Life counts for nothing. We have the same “crap” being repeated here “Black Lives Matter” and it makes one feel real resentment towards these people. When my youngest Son showed me on his tv those black players kneeling disrespecting their Flag their Nation I was just so appalled, here there is little respect shown to the Flag by Blacks and those white who try to be black. I have always liked the way in America the Flag has meant so much, and I congratulate that white player the only player who left the dressing room and stood with his hand on his heart for the flag, that took courage.

Our Government and the opposition the lefty pinkos are all too scared to upset the coloured in this Country, the BBC is the mouthpiece for the lefty pinkos. It seems every tv programme now has to have a token black, every advert here brings in a token black. My own eldest Son was called a Racist because a chap on a Sunday morning parked a Coach across our drive (we live near beaches) and when my Son asked politely the chap who was black could he please move his vehicle and did he not see our signs, this chap shouted at my Son “You are a racist you picked on me because I am Black”, I have to say I am so sick of hearing this call “because I’m black”. Obama did so much damage to America in so many ways, and unfortunately that attitude has reached our shores. One faces abuse if you fly the Flag of England, as I live in the Town that was as it is stated was the cause of Brexit happening, that makes me who voted to come out of Europe, a Racist, I have been called that. It seems that the Whites in this Country are being pushed into a situation of you either like blacks or not and you are damned if you don’t. How nice it was all those years ago when I was growing up, the 1950s and 60s, when there was decorum, now its hell. Sadly it won’t get better.

One final point if I may, is it not true that more blacks kill blacks than white Police Officers kill blacks. Does anyone know the real figure of all those Police Officers doing their duty, how many of those were murdered by blacks. I understand from the above you have not been well, I do wish you better and look forward to more of your fantastic blogs. All the best to you.

• September 27, 2017 8:09 am

Good morning Anna Cottage! I had no idea the racism thing has reached the U.K. Over here it is beyond ridiculous but being fueled by the media, which by the way are nothing but a bunch of rich white, homosexuals promoting racism and perversion. It is pathetic. Thank you for continuing to visit and support my humble blog! I hope you and your loved ones are doing well.

6. September 27, 2017 11:45 am

Another wonderful assemblage of truth and patriotism from one of what I consider to be the greatest Conservative voices on the entire Internet today — and I have proudly reblogged Cry and Howl’s post on my blog, https://jrliming.blogspot.com/2017/09/about-that-racial-equality-thing.html — and I am glad to see that you are feeling better and blogging again Steve … dear friend!

1. NFL Protests? Barren and Unfruitful… | Talk Wisdom