Contrast President Donald Trump and Barack Obama

July 2, 2017

Just a quick reminder in contrast between what Barack Obama believes and how President Donald Trump thinks about the United States and her citizens …

Thanks to The American Mirror

While most Americans are gathering with family and community this weekend to celebrate the most exceptional country in the history of the world, Mr. Hope and Change is halfway around the world talking doom and gloom — and criticizing his successor.

Barack Obama visited Indonesia this weekend, and in a series of appearances, attacked love of country and the policies of Donald Trump.

The Guardian reports:

The former US president said some countries had adopted “an aggressive kind of nationalism” and “increased resentment of minority groups”, in a speech in Indonesia on Saturday that could be seen as a commentary on the US as well as Indonesia.

“It’s been clear for a while that the world is at a crossroads. At an inflection point,” Obama said, telling a Jakarta crowd stories of how much the capital had improved since he lived there as a child.

But he said that increased prosperity had been accompanied by new global problems, adding that as the world confronts issues ranging from inequality to terrorism, some countries – both developed and less developed – had adopted a more aggressive and isolationist stance.

“If we don’t stand up for tolerance and moderation and respect for others, if we begin to doubt ourselves and all that we have accomplished, then much of the progress that we have made will not continue,” he said.

“What we will see is more and more people arguing against democracy, we will see more and more people who are looking to restrict freedom of the press, and we’ll see more intolerance, more tribal divisions, more ethnic divisions, and religious divisions and more violence,” Obama asserted.

Obama went on to criticize President Trump. A real class act.

At the same time President Trump …

Fox News reports:

“America is a land rich with heroes,” said Trump at the event, which included wounded warriors who are patients at the Walter Reed Medical Center.

During his speech, the president personally saluted World War II veteran Harry Miller for his lifelong service and wounded warrior Luis Avila. Miller enlisted in the reserves at 15, even though he was not old enough to serve. He fought in Europe and in The Battle of the Bulge. Avila, who served in Iraq and Afghanistan, was on a fifth deployment when he was wounded, losing his leg, during an intelligence reconnaissance mission.

“We all bleed the same red blood,” said Trump, promising an adoring crowd that America would “win again.”

“Since the signing of the Declaration of Independence 241 years ago, America always affirmed that liberty comes from our Creator. Our rights are given to us by God, and no earthly force can ever take those rights away. That is why my administration is transferring power out of Washington and returning that power back where it belongs — to the people,” Trump said.

“Our religious liberty is enshrined in the very first amendment in the Bill of Rights. The American founders invoked our creator four times in the Declaration of Independence,” the president said. “Benjamin Franklin reminded his colleagues at the Constitutional Convention to begin by bowing their heads in prayer. Inscribed on our currency are the words: ‘In God We Trust.’”

Just WOW folks! What a stunning contrast between the two. One obviously hates America and masks that hatred in flowery drivel.

President Trump is obviously exceedingly proud of America, her citizens, her veterans, the Constitution, and the freedoms we enjoy richly.

Here is the video of President Trump’s speech at the Celebrate Freedom rally. Lengthy but well worth listening to.

Happy July 4th dear friends! Enjoy time with your family and friends and rejoice in the fact that we live in the greatest and most blessed land on earth!

1. July 2, 2017 1:58 pm

I wonder if people truly understand what (Obama’s words)

“an aggressive kind of nationalism”

Really means

We have but

1 choice
    1 decision
    1 future

NATIONALISM vs GLOBALISM

It’s how and why the American People voted Trump 󾓦

Happy🎉4th of🎉July

2. July 2, 2017 4:36 pm

BHO doesn’t sound like he was born in America. Anyhow, he seems to be enjoying the retirement and joys of comfort and prestige given him by our country. I hope he enjoys watching it become great again.

• July 2, 2017 6:01 pm

Yeah, isn’t it odd that America being literally the land of opportunity gives someone like BHO something remarkable and all he does is bash and trash the U.S. Pathetic.

3. Doug (FindingPoliticalSanity.com) permalink
    July 2, 2017 7:20 pm

I don’t understand.
    1. Why does there need to be any comparison between Obama and Trump? Obama is past history. Trump IS the president. Move on. But.. no… Trump’s obsessed. What a waste of time and effort.

2. You say, “Obama went on to criticize President Trump. A real class act.” Yet, Trump is constantly criticizing Obama. Class act? Now, you reported that Guardian recount of the Obama speech… but where is this so-called Trump criticism? You’d think that would be important to galvanize the theme of your post further. Just exactly how was Trump criticized?

3. How exactly did Obama bash and trash the U.S.?

• July 3, 2017 9:20 am

The contrast Doug is the difference on attitudes regarding America. I don’t think I need to point out Barack’s obvious disdain as we witnessed eight long years of it. I provided a link to the Guardian article, so I’m not sure what I need to explain. The way it goes at least since Barack’s presidency is the current president negates a lot of the stuff the former does. Obama continually, relentlessly blamed Bush for the failings of his own presidency. Bush kept his mouth shut. Trump has every right to point out what he’s doing to stop the destructive policies of Obama and Obama should follow the examples of all the other former presidents and keep his shut concerning President Trump. I hope that clarifies what I mean.

• John Liming permalink
      July 3, 2017 9:16 pm

We are fully aware of where you stand on things and we do not agree.

• John Liming permalink
      July 3, 2017 9:18 pm

Finding Political Sanity does not share our opinions, obviously. Too bad! Trump is the true patriot between the two. Obama was the great apologizer for America! Ev erybody knows these things — no need to try and twist things.

• July 4, 2017 2:42 am

Amen John. You know, President Trump is really turning out to be an outstanding president. Of course it’s difficult for us to track with his accomplishments as the media refuses to report on a single issue if they can’t put it out negatively.

• John Liming permalink
      July 4, 2017 4:54 am

The “Media” fought him from the day he announced his candidacy and it was blatantly evident all along what their game was.

4. July 3, 2017 12:02 am

Reblogged this on The way I see things ….

5. July 3, 2017 6:21 pm

Hi Steve. Hope you’re well. I’ve been super busy!
    There is no comparison between the 2!!

• July 4, 2017 2:40 am

Hey Paulie! I was just thinking of you and wondering how you’re doing. Glad to hear you’re busy. Haven’t talked with you for a while. If you get a chance give me a call and we can get caught up. I don’t know if you have my # any more as I’ve changed phones … losing a bunch of my stored numbers as well. Anyway 817-495-8194.
      Thanks so much for stopping by. I’ll visit your place tomorrow. Have a great 4th!

6. John Liming permalink
    July 3, 2017 9:21 pm

Reblogged this on John Liming.Blog and commented:
    Watch the sore losing Libs squirm and cry whenever somebody like Cry and Howl tells the truth about the difference between the former squatter in the White House and the “President” of The United States … Donald Trump who speaks what most Americans are thinking ….Here you go, everybody — more actual facts from one of the greatest contemporary Conservative bloggers ever ….

• Doug (FindingPoliticalSanity.com) permalink
      July 3, 2017 9:47 pm

What are you afraid of, John? At least Steve continues to allow me to post… likely because I’m not screaming and name calling.. but trying to understand how and why and where the differences are. Just dismissing me rather than trying to provide some sound discourse just feeds the divisiveness.
      At least Steve’s reply above was civil…. and I would love detail about what in the Obama presidency was so god-awful that needs all this conservative vindictiveness. Not sure I find a lot of logic in the defense that “if Obama did it why can’t Trump?”. But.. ok. You see, there’s this Conservative mindset that “if you aren’t born a conservative then there’s no reason trying to sell you on the idea… so just sit there and be a godless liberal.”

• John Liming permalink
      July 3, 2017 9:54 pm

Meh!

• July 4, 2017 2:43 am

Thank you dear friend! I hope you enjoy your 4th of July relaxing. Oh, and thank you for your service to this great country. People like you have made freedom possible for countless millions of people.

• John Liming permalink
      July 4, 2017 4:55 am

You are too kind my wonderful friend down in the Great State of Texas –and thank you — and right back at you! 🙂

7. John Liming permalink
    July 5, 2017 11:32 pm

I am sorry to drift off topic but I just found something that gave me a real scare about freedom of speech in The United States — Can you tell me — do you know whether this Senate Bill #118 sponsored by Rubio etc., is actually the law of the land now? Is it now illegal for us to warn of the encroachments of Islam on America in our blogs? —- https://www.gatestoneinstitute.org/10544/criminalize-free-speech

8. July 16, 2017 11:57 pm

I like Trump more and more. And I’m not surprised that O is being the piece of classless trash post-presidency that he was before and during his presidency. Many of the men who’ve held that office have left a stain, but none, I think, as big as the stain that he left.

*hugs*

9. August 16, 2017 8:48 pm

Dude! Come to GAB when you can!
    Its the ‘up n comer’

• August 24, 2017 4:15 pm

I just checked it out Pauli. I’ll sign up here in just a little while and see what happens. See you there!

1. The Weekly Headlines – My Daily Musing