Let’s slow down and take a good hard look at President Trump

June 20, 2017

Good morning folks. At least I think it’s morning. I couldn’t sleep and decided to get up and “burn one” and get a little praying in. I don’t know about you guys and gals, but I really need all the prayer time I can get simply to thank God for all the stuff He’s done in my life and His goodness, grace and mercy.

Anyway, I’m a bit troubled and sort of in denial. I stumbled across an article over at the Conservative Review and it really got my attention. The piece is called Earth to Conservatives: Trump Granted Executive Amnesty.  The media has been throwing anti-Trump stuff at us 24/7. A non-stop barrage of negative crap. I’m in denial because I don’t want to think for a second that President Trump is nothing but another phony. I give him immense credit for appointing Neil Grosuch to the Supreme Court and that one promise kept will help slow down the progressive agenda to destroy America. For that, thank you President Trump. Moving on here, has anyone seen or heard anything about “the wall?” Has anyone heard anything regarding the slowing down of Muslims entering the country?  I’ve been seeing where a whole bunch of Muslims are still being quietly resettled across America and that’s beginning to bother me. I hadn’t thought too much about it lately as I’m still of the mind-set to give Trump a genuine chance to prove himself.

So, having said that stuff I have to also consider that Jason Chaffetz is leaving the Congress and is quite fed-up with President Trump and Attorney General Jeff Sessions. It really makes me begin to question whether or not we’ve been betrayed. I know time will tell. I hope that some of the visitors here will re-blog the piece at Conservative Review. Use the link provided and you don’t even have to mention Cry and Howl. I just think it’s important for us as conservatives to be aware of what’s going on. Let’s continue watching. Geez, if Trump is a bust, I’m not sure what’s left.

1. Doug (FindingPoliticalSanity.com) permalink
    June 20, 2017 11:25 am

I just made a post today you might find interesting.. and frankly I’d like your comments regarding it since our views are different… but relates with your post here a bit.

One observation… I have to admit given all my protestations regarding Trump as president I at no time figured him for a phony. But I generally don’t use that classification on other past presidents either. I tend to believe, GOP or Democrat, people serve with good intentions.. it’s the way they serve that arises fervor sometimes.

I might suggest the limited use of the word “betrayal”. There are actually Congresspersons and Senators who do concern themselves with meeting the demands of their constituents, and believe in doing so they can retain their seats to continue to serve and make change, and to serve the national party. To presume that all these elected officials simply want to “save their cushy jobs” for some level of financial gain… well, no one is getting paid “rich” money on the payroll of the government. Also, these days it kinda sucks to run for office given the climate and imposition on personal life. My point… if the president’s performance is becoming a liability in an elected official’s district it certainly makes sense to consider siding with the constituents to save your seat for the greater party good in Congress. Any “betrayal” likely rests with the President himself for managing to alienate party members trying to keep the party in power.

• June 20, 2017 12:24 pm

Good points Doug and I’ll get over to your place here in just a little while. I appreciate your visiting and your comments are always welcome here.

2. June 20, 2017 12:15 pm

My Dear Man…

Don’t allow yourself to be brainwashed by repetitive words of those who are trying to take down the USA

Obama left Trump with a mess to clean up not to mention the President’s before him

Do you truly believe Trump could have fixed it all by now?

Of course not

Every hour
    Every day
    Every week

There seems to be new discoveries of the Obama Administration that needs to be fixed ~ changed ~ terminated

Just yesterday we learned that the Obama holdovers at NSA gave Obama all the Susan Rice documents on her unmasking of the Trump people for the Obama library

Which means we the people cannot see them for 5 years

Would you blame Trump for that?

Of course not

We all suffer from the same thing

Anxiety

We want it all completed right away
    We want our olde America back
    We want everything done in a snap of a finger

Unfortunately it does not work that way

Give President Trump time he is on our side he just works in a way that for a President is unfamiliar to us

But that is why we voted for him

President Trump’s beginning goal is to get the American people back to work

They don’t tell you about the coal miners that went back to work do they? Or the new coal mines that opened up last week

Thanks…to President Trump

There is a lot of good going on look towards that

…and please…Keep the Faith 🌿

• June 20, 2017 12:22 pm

And you are absolutely correct hocuspocus. I know how my post sounds and admittedly I pushed it through in haste. I just got home from working a couple of hours and was thinking about this. I do realize that all during the campaign I harped that Trump isn’t a conservative and we shouldn’t expect him to make policies that we would ultimately agree with so I am tapping the brakes. Really I wanted to put this out because I have noticed some trickles of news at times verifying his acceptance of Muslims etc. I also have to keep in mind that unless the guy is an absolute fraud I’m more than willing to give him the benefit of any doubt. I know the media is still on his ass 24/7 and he can do nothing right according to them. So, he has to be doing the right thing over all. Thanks for the gentle nudge dear lady.

• June 20, 2017 1:32 pm

I believe and live by a very simple rule in life

I do not expect so therefore I cannot be let down

I honestly don’t expect Trump and his Administration to accomplish much during this first year

It’s a tuff job to turn this ship around in ruff waters where there are a lot of swamp creatures 🐍

It will be a first year of understanding the monster Obama created within the USA as well as around the World then cleaning it up…no easy task

So as far as I see…we are exactly on due course 🚢 with full steam ahead

👸

3. June 20, 2017 8:50 pm

Take a deep breath and keep the Advil handy…

4. June 21, 2017 1:11 am

Well, I know that during the primaries, I actually blogged about Trump’s inconsistencies on issues in the past, and how it concerned me. Okay,okay! How much I hated that about him. https://politicalness.wordpress.com/2016/02/19/the-trouble-with-trump/

But he won the nomination so I had to support him as my team’s guy.

Since the inauguration, I have seen a lot of things that have really encouraged me. He’s surrounded himself with conservatives, the SCOTUS picks, the efforts to begin dismantling O-care, the efforts at getting travel bans in place, his not taking a presidential salary, willing to forgo the business salaries he’s earned, but doesn’t take so as to avoid any conflicts of interest, and his support of Israel. To name a few.

I know he won’t be perfect, he’s a human after all. I know I won’t like everything he does. But, I do know it’s been a long time since an incoming president inherited as big a pile of fecal matter as O left behind. And in so many ways it feels like he’s just one guy trying to take care of it all because he doesn’t seem to have much support, even within his own party.

I have come to believe that he genuinely loves America. We may not always see eye to eye on the best ways to take care of it, but I do believe he loves it. He wants to undo all the “fundamental transformations” of the past eight years, and what took eight years to make can’t be undone in 6 mos.

The sounds of liberal heads exploding sounds like popcorn, and the more I hear it, the more I know he’s probably doing something right.

*hugs* Love to you and Rina! ❤

• June 22, 2017 6:22 pm

Hey Vanessa! It’s very good to ‘hear’ from you. Yes, I remember your trepidation with Mr. Trump and you were quite valid in your views. I don’t know, like I said, I do get somewhat concerned when guys like Chaffetz isn’t happy and says the situation with the new administration is hardly different at all than Obama’s. However, I do have to keep in mind that one of my arguments during the campaign was acknowledging the Trump isn’t a conservative and not to expect him to be. (at least in our definition of the word) So, I guess I need to back up and take my own advice. Thanks for the link ma’am. I’ll check it out shortly. Rina says “hello” and love you back!

5. John Liming permalink
    June 21, 2017 9:42 pm

What’s left is Pence and Ryan.

6. John Liming permalink
    June 21, 2017 9:50 pm

There is some reason to believe that the invasion of The United States by Muslim immigrants has slowed — take the case of Minnesota — http://www.barenakedislam.com/2017/05/17/oh-noes-invasion-of-somali-muslim-freeloaders-rapists-and-jihadists-into-minnesotastan-has-slowed-to-a-trickle/

• June 22, 2017 6:24 pm

Thank you John and I do remember that. I think Trump is really doing a bang-up job despite the negativity and fake news we’re being fed. I also think pretty soon people will start to see the benefits of his policies in more personal ways.

• June 27, 2017 10:31 am

You’re right John and I’m taking my own advise and slowing down to give President Trump some room to work.

7. John Liming permalink
    June 27, 2017 11:28 am

The SCOTUS finally showed some big ones and upheld much of the travel bans. Joy! Joy!

• June 27, 2017 3:33 pm

That my friend is a very big deal even though the media and some conservatives down play it. It is a direct rebuke to the lower courts in the 9-0 ruling that the President, any U.S. president has authority to implement policies to safeguard the U.S.

• John Liming permalink
      June 27, 2017 5:59 pm

The lower courts need to get out of the notion that they can replace the Executive and the Legislative and a lot of them have been acting like they want to do exactly that. It is time the SCOTUS drew their over-reaching horns for them. I hope they learn their lesson.