Why Trump won the 2016 presidential election

December 4, 2016

Republican presidential candidate Donald Trump speaks to supporters as he takes the stage for a campaign event in Dallas, Monday, Sept. 14, 2015. (AP Photo/LM Otero)

It’s about time we call out the morons who object to Trump’s election victory. There’s hardly a day that goes by that there’s not an update on how many popular votes Hillary got over Donald Trump. It’s like the election is still going on and she’s in the lead.

Okay, there’s little doubt that statistically Trump should have been gone after the first primary debate. As it happens Mr. Trump out-smarted the “smart.” He took advantage of the overconfidence of his competition. His competition underestimated Mr. Trump and his prowess at winning just about anything he sets his mind to. I’m sure this really grates on some folks, but Trump is standing in the winner’s circle right now.

Barack Obama is able to grasp the reality that even in sports the team that plays a better game and statistically out performs the opposing team doesn’t necessarily win any given game. Take for example the Dallas Cowboys/ Minnesota Vikings game last weekend. Minnesota had more yards passing, more first downs, a better passing percentage … but lost the game.

Let’s look at MLB for a minute … just because a team gets more hits, less errors, more walks, less strike-outs and has a better pitcher doesn’t mean the opposing team can’t win the game.

How about boxing?  Click right HERE to understand the idea that fighting “smart” often makes a winner out of someone who statistically should lose.

Click HERE  also.

Trump was the under-dog throughout the primaries. He went up against an incredibly talented, qualified, well-funded group of mostly professional Republican politicians. He spanked every one of them badly, or if you choose, “bigly!” Stunned beyond belief were (and still are ) the Republicans and conservatives alike. The Democrats were rejoicing! They worked hard to get Bernie Sanders eliminated, leaving the media darling and mother of the left, “most qualified,” most experienced candidate in modern history, with a better than 90% chance of winning to run against the novice Donald Trump. She had more experience and more money.  The media, Republicans, #Never Trumpsters, foreign governments, folks she owes very big time, the left, the right, the in-between all working for her. Trump was obnoxious, crass, rude and certainly not a polished candidate with even a prayer to defeat the historical first woman president.

What happened? I’ll tell you. “Smart” won. Toughness and focus won. In a ‘nut-shell’ over confidence and underestimating the opposition lost the election for Hillary.

I sincerely believe that if Jeb Bush, Ted Cruz, Marco Rubio or any other Republican had won the nomination for the Republican presidential candidate, we would be witnessing Hillary Clinton getting outfitted for a stunning pant-suit worthy only of the first woman President of the United States.

Side notes here. So, what lesson has the Democrats and the left learned? Nothing. They are doubling down on the same crap that got them beat. They are moving farther left. The media is working hard to undermine Trump’s presidency before he’s even sworn in, in an effort to save a face that has egg all over it.

Across the banner of this humble blog it says:  Let not him that girdeth on his harness boast himself as he that putteth it off.  I Kings 20:11

How fitting for the 2016 election!

1. December 4, 2016 4:07 pm

My take on the DemocRats is that they will eventually become a full blown Muslim political party

Headed up by Ellison

In which the likes of Pelosi Schumer etc will be voted out and become extinct

Right now the Pelosi’s and Schumer’s are just too stupid to realize it

• December 4, 2016 4:57 pm

I believe you have a point hocuspocus13. I really think that money and the fact that Muslims can be readily used to further the left-wing agenda. The hatred of infidels by Muslims is the driving force which can be exploited to a political advantage which we have been witnessing for several years. Pelosi and Schumer are on their way out … honestly I couldn’t care less. Democrats like them are reasons they will continue to lose.

• December 5, 2016 3:22 am

Dear Hocus Pocus: I couldn’t agree with you more. The whole political machine is stacked with them now and as you know when one gets in then that one tends to draw others. I think your prediction is an inevitability. Evidence? Who is more apologetic for the disgusting pedophile ideology than the politically correct idiots from the extremeties of the Left?

• December 6, 2016 11:26 am

Hmmmm….you have a good point there!

• December 7, 2016 8:16 am

I don’t know Lorra B. It’s just my take on the thing. I mean Trump’s message of America First hit home for me and I suspect for a lot of folks. Heck, Jeb Bush was the shoe-in Republican candidate in the beginning. Geez, talk about getting spanked! 🙂

2. December 4, 2016 10:18 pm

I think there are a number of reasons he won, not the least of which is … because Hillary.

Because Hillary is who she is. Because Hillary has done what she’s done.

I also think many who were polled outright lied so as not to give the Dems the advantage or a head’s up, or a reason to have their numbers or addresses posted online as “Trump voter, go sic ’em boys!” like they’re doing to many electors right now.

*hugs*

3. December 5, 2016 11:35 am

We know why Donald Trump won the election — the People overwhelmingly want him to be president. But there is something new brewing now that causes me a lot of concern:

I just got wind of the fact that some Harvard Law-educated Obama-appointed Federal Judge in Michigan as “REJECTED A STATE LAW” that calls for recounts to begin within a specified period of time and ruled that the recount must proceed as soon as possible (By Monday) and this is being done long after the Michigan Vote was completed and certified by Michigan Officials showing that Donald Trump won Michigan. Repeat: The Michigan vote has been counted and certified as having been won by trump by Michigan officials and now this “Judge” is “Rejecting State Law” to make sure the recount that Jill Stein has no constituitional right to ask for to go ahead … and not a word is being said about who is going to bear the cost of that recount.

Here’s what I am afraid of: If a Federal judge can “Reject State Law” to get something done then what is to keep the same kind of judge from “Rejecting” the entire process of the election, declare the whole thing null and void and pull off another election.
    What, in fact, is in place to make sure that some “Judge” doesn’t just rule that there is insufficient evidence to call the results of the election and overturn the election him or herself, arbirtrairly from the bench?

What is some judge says, “I don’t care who the voters said won this election, my decision is that this person or that person won and the votes don’t count for a darned thing — so suck that up!?

What is in place to keep something like that from happening?

• December 5, 2016 1:01 pm

There’s been a lot of that going on … A federal judge ruling against the people’s will. The reason for this recount is … if it’s not completed in time it’s possible the electoral votes from Michigan, Wisconsin and Pennsylvania won’t be counted at all thus putting Trump below the 270 votes needed. Then it goes to the Congress.

• December 5, 2016 1:12 pm

There are already 15 electors threatening to go rogue, pay their fines and vote against the will of the People.

• December 6, 2016 5:48 am

Two words for them ………….

December 6, 2016 4:46 pm

Yeah I know why. They think this country bumpkin isn’t a man of science as in physical, mental, political and etc. I knew if I just kept voting and voting over and over, time and time again I could expect different results some day. Einstein would be proud! 🙂

5. December 9, 2016 7:13 am

Those in America who oppose the President Elect and the way they are still carrying on, remind me of these bullies here in England who lost the vote on Europe, they still call people like me who voted NO to europe, “racist”, they are pathetic. Fact of the matter is Donald Trump Won, I knew he would from the start I so liked him and I am convinced He will be a Great President. People who oppose him need to give him a chance, but I fear they will not and will continue like the bullies and thugs here who will not accept Brexit won. Good luck to you, look forward to January and your Inauguration of President Donald Trump, the first non career Politician for President.

• December 19, 2016 6:44 am

Thank you Anna Cottage. I think Trump will do okay. It’s bizarre how the left just can’t to accept the fact they lost. Today the Electoral College meet and cast their votes. We won’t know the outcome until around Jan. 6 when the Congress meets to confirm the votes. Every one (on the left) is saying how the American people now doubt our election process. Personally, I trust it more now than ever. Perhaps not lesser voting results as in for lesser positions in government but the presidential election … yes.

6. December 16, 2016 10:39 am

Hi Steve!

I read an article a while ago that stated that the homosexual “marriage” decision by the Extreme Court may have given a small victory to the LGBTXYZ crowd, but it came at a cost. That sweeping decision (similar to the abortion decision in 1973) took away States rights on the issue. The writer of the article said that such a decision helped cause the Democrats to lose the election.

I think that was part of it. But there are so many other issues that Trump campaigned on that made the difference in the votes of “fly-over” states, as well as even some former Dem stronghold states. Trump’s campaign may have not been perfect, but it was brilliant in how he stayed on message regarding the issues that most sane people care about!

God had His hand upon America in this election! Prayer and the evangelical vote was huge in the victory. I’m so grateful that as a Never HiLIARy voter, she was soundly defeated! Now, I just continue to hope and pray that the Clintons, 0bamas, and all of their evil ilk will be relegated to the dustbin of history.

Have a Merry and Blessed Christmas and a Happy New Year!

• December 19, 2016 6:47 am

Hey Christine! It’s very good to ‘hear’ from you. I like you am eternally grateful Hillary lost. Man, I couldn’t keep the smile off my face November 8th.
      I surely pray you and your family have a blessed and safe Christmas.