Eliminate the Electoral College? Sure …

November 25, 2016

This morning I read part of a piece over at the Washington Post. (gag me) The writer was making the case for the Electoral College to give the election to Hillary.

I think it was Oct. 20 that Donald Trump indicated that he’ll keep everyone in suspense as to whether or not he would accept the election results. The New York Times, Washington Post, Huffington Post, The Daily Wire and POLITICO went crazy. They reported just how “horrified” Hillary and Americans were and that Americans were “fuming” and that what Trump said is the most disgraceful statement by a presidential candidate in 160 years.

The piece at The Daily Wire was, interestingly enough written by Ben Shapiro, who for some reason has been relatively quiet since Nov. 8 … along with SOOPERMEXICAN, Erick Erickson and other #Never Trumpsters, but I digress.

And now we have, since Trump won the election all these folks wanting to do away with the Electoral College, and raising money for recounts, threats to the electoral voters and suddenly voter fraud and tampering are major issues.

Contrary to popular belief the United States is not a democracy, where a simple majority rules and the people directly control legislation. The founders created a constitutional federal republic in which there is a relationship for governing between the federal government and the states. The people from each state are represented by elected officials who are responsible for legislative process. Also the people from each state vote for the U.S. president but their votes actually count in the state in which they vote. (the total national vote is cool but has nothing to do with each sovereign state) So, a majority of the people decide who they vote for and the delegates from each state submit the will of the people from the individual states for the nominee the majority of the people chose. (whew! I think so anyway!)

But, this isn’t good enough for the losers as they don’t like losing. They now want to do away with the Electoral College. (until they lose an election via the popular vote)

Okay, that’s cool with me. Lets do it. Bump the Electoral College and let “the people” chose the President of the United States! If we’re going to do this there must be some rules put in place, you know to guard against that dastardly voter fraud, which didn’t exist until Nov. 8, 2016.

First, only U.S. citizens can vote and every voter must have a photo ID. Each state will provide this free of charge, mailed to every legal resident who doesn’t have one … for the express purpose of voting.

Early voting can be done for only one week before the national election and only for people who are handicapped and/or the elderly (age 65 and up).

Mail in ballots can be accepted for only the handicapped and folks age 65 and up and only after verification as such dictated by the states.

Mail in ballots will be accepted for military personnel and government representatives abroad.

Convicted felons, non-citizens and illegal residents cannot vote.

Anyone caught voting multiple times will be charged with a federal felony.

All voter registrations in every state must be purged of dead people.

Same rules for all races, “classes,” nationalities and religions … thus eliminating the disenfranchising and discrimination problems.

There are some “rules” I probably missed but those seem to be towards the top of the list.

There is four years until the next national election. That is plenty of time for illegals to get legal, for those who have no photo ID to get them. If voting is as important as obtaining some sort of government assistance such as food stamps or welfare then get legal, get ID, and we’ll see you at the polls.

1. November 25, 2016 8:45 am

A shock coming from you, Steve. https://partneringwitheagles.wordpress.com/2011/11/04/electoral-college-under-attack/
    Been having an ongoing discussion on the Electoral college system with a Viet-Nam era retired Marine who (shudder) got tired of the corruption in the Republican party years ago, and was all for Hitlery… Can’t imagine how he could be a liberal.
    In the early 70’s I had been for dumping it too; It took Mr. Farah to make it clearly understood to me.

• November 25, 2016 9:37 am

Actually I favor the Electoral College and I’m able to accept the results of any election, even Obama’s though I still believe he’s a fraud.
      I also believe that if the Electoral College was done away with and the rules were followed that conservatives would win every election. I still think that if candidates clearly define their policies that conservative policies would prevail with the vast majority of the American people. Cheating, voter fraud and intimidation and misinformation by the media are the ways in which liberals “win” any elections.

2. November 25, 2016 10:13 am

3 million non citizens voted in the 2016 Presidential election is currently under investigation

I do wonder whom they voted for

Hillary Clinton won only 19 States far from a majority

• November 25, 2016 12:01 pm

Exactly! The only places in which weasels like Hillary are favored are far-loon left states such as California and New York and we can see the debt and utter chaos liberals maintain there.

3. November 25, 2016 4:46 pm

Reblogged this on Starvin Larry.

4. November 25, 2016 6:09 pm

This just shows the mentality (The lack of mentality) of the Leftist knuckle draggers. Had they won the election the Electoral College would have been the greatest thing since the invention of the rubber baloon … which incidentally is inflated with the very same substance that occupies the cranial cavities of most Leftwads…. air!

5. November 27, 2016 1:56 pm

I am keeping this Blog so I can fully understand your system. I hope your Country will not tear itself apart, as is happening here in the UK over us coming out of Europe and those that lost acting like spoilt brats and bullies. Good Luck.

• AFVet permalink
      November 27, 2016 4:59 pm

The electoral college was put in place by the founders so that the less populated states would have a voice.
      Congress will never allow it to be eliminated.

• November 28, 2016 8:46 am

Amen brother!

6. December 8, 2016 10:39 pm

I like your explanation of the Electoral College. Those who are opposed to it still think we live in a democracy. They can’t seem to get it that we’re a Republic.

I sent you an email, to your C&H email, because I tried sending you a text but I have several numbers for you and wasn’t sure which one was correct, lol. Guess I need to update my contacts list! I was hoping to send you and your beloved a little something for Christmas, if you’re comfortable with that. If not, it’s totally cool, I understand. 🙂 *hugs* ❤

1. Eliminate the Electoral College? Sure … | John Liming's Blog