Tap The Brakes

November 14, 2016

Hillary hadn’t even made her concession speech and called Trump to congratulate him before liberals and conservatives alike started in with “Trump is changing his mind” or “Trump lied to us” about this or that. From prosecuting Hillary, to repealing Obama-care, to scaling back deporting illegals, to taking away gay “rights” to “draining the swamp” and on and on. Gawd! Who voted for Trump so that he could prosecute Hillary? A show of hands? Who thought for a second he would surround himself with nothing but “outsiders” who know nothing about how government works and have no understanding of politics? Show of hands on that?

The hysteria and hand-wringing on both sides, liberal and conservative is beyond ridiculous! The damage done by Obama alone will take years to even begin to repair, not to mention the decades of decline caused by Bill Clinton and the Bush dad and son. I can understand somewhat the anxiety of the left, they’re lunatics anyway. But geez conservatives, get a grip. I’ve been saying all along for over the past year that we need to get what we want a little at a time. To expect Trump to complete our every desire will result only in frustration. If Trump delivers 25% of what conservatives hoped for then folks, we’ve won a major victory. Appointing conservative Supreme Court Justices is the greatest win for conservatives we could ever hope for. That in itself “trumps” (pun?) just about everything else, as we’re talking about the future of our children’s rights. Deporting criminal illegal aliens, thus protecting the American public happen to be high priorities IMHO. Stopping un-vetted Muslims imported from hostile Islamic nations will go a long way in protecting innocent Americans from terror attacks and in keeping the U.S. from becoming another Germany, the U.K. or Sweden.

Seeing that Hillary is prosecuted for her treasonous actions along with her “team” of traitors would be sweet indeed, but that’s not why I voted for Mr. Trump. If he gets it done, great. If not, that’s fine too. She didn’t win and that dear friends is a sweet and savory smell indeed.

So, lets tap the brakes and give Trump some time to do whatever he will do in the manner he wants to do it. Trying to see the end before the beginning even starts isn’t very smart.

1. November 14, 2016 10:19 am

“Gawd! Who voted for Trump so that he could prosecute Hillary?”. . .I did. Not the only reason of course but an important one. The Constitution, the rule of law and all that.

“To expect Trump to complete our every desire…”. . .Nope, I just expect him to make a significant and positive and visible effort to fulfill his campaign promises. After all, he needs the support of Congress to do a lot of it and they’re not always going to agree – but he must try. For instance, many will have to be modified, nobody expects that he will deport 12+ million illegal aliens and their families, but he’d best build the ‘wall’ and he’d best get control over immigration and he’d best deal affirmatively and harshly with illegals who murderer and rape and steal and he’d best stop wholesale Muslim immigration from States that sponsor terrorism. As an aside, I believe that the law should be followed, asylum seekers should go into camps and should be kept there until hostilities cease and they can be repatriated – period. One can dream.

• November 14, 2016 10:36 am

I hate to say it Paul, and thank you for your most welcomed comment, that prosecuting Hillary just might be out of reach for Trump. As much as I’d love to see it, Obama could throw a wrench in those works. And yes, I voted for that in some respect … but it takes a back seat to the other stuff for me.

• November 14, 2016 5:50 pm

Out of reach only if Obama gives them (all 3) a blanket pardon which is, of course, possible 😦

• November 15, 2016 7:14 am

Yeah, that would chap me pretty bad. But I guess we’ll see what happens. I’m sure team Obama is working to get something done in her favor.

2. November 14, 2016 11:05 am

One of the major stumbling blocks President-Elect Trump faces immediately is the tendency of America to be a nation consumed with a desire for instant gratification in everything. We tend to want everything now and patience does not seem to be much of a national virtue anymore. But I think Donald is level headed and composed and professional and I am sure he has the tools in hand to make forward movement on his issues and his agenda.

3. November 14, 2016 2:49 pm

This is a well written statement – thanks. I like let us wait and see what Mr. Trump does after January 20th. For now there is a lot of moving to be done.

• November 14, 2016 6:00 pm

Yes, and a good supply of backhoes do do it with…

• November 14, 2016 8:36 pm

Ummmmm-Just FYI-

pic is a track hoe,sometimes called an excavator.
      A backhoe has tires,a wide loader type bucket on one end,and a smaller bucket on an articulated arm on the other end for digging trenches/holes.
      (I work with such equipment almost daily)

• November 15, 2016 7:05 am

Thank you Barry! Yeah, all the handwringing is meaningless and simply stirs up fear and anxiety which is completely unnecessary.

• November 15, 2016 7:15 am

A track hoe it is. Ditto on working with said equipment.

• November 15, 2016 5:04 pm

Pic taken from a series of pics all supposed to be backhoes.

4. November 14, 2016 5:33 pm

I will respond to this most interesting blog tomorrow. Forgive me if I have done this all wrong, but I have been nominated to do “The Three Day Quote Challenge”, and I am nominating you which I hope you will take part in. Please accept my apologies if I am informing you incorrectly, I am not good at this internet stuff.

• November 15, 2016 7:09 am

Let not your heart be troubled. I’ve just gotten to the point of mastering caller ID on my cell phone so I’m not too good at this either. Sure, I’d be delighted to Three Day Quote. Let me know what to do.

5. November 14, 2016 11:07 pm

I agree with you. “Because you’d be in jail” may have been the zinger of the 3rd debate, but the 0bama-Clinton cabal is so entrenched and evil, they probably wouldn’t let it happen since 0bama has the ability to pardon. It is Trump’s last bit of leverage for a (semi) peaceful transition. These subhumans are from the pit of hell. We should “pray without ceasing” for Trump and his admin. Trump is smart and I believe God is with him.

6. November 15, 2016 10:47 am

So well written. I just hope that America does give President Elect Trump a chance, could people really believe he would be able to fulfill all he said over what time period? If he does the percentage you say he has done a great job. Please give him a chance be patient please, I honestly feel he will prove to be an excellent President. For those of us watching from outside, I always say the UK needs a strong America, needs a strong President. He is starting already, he will change things and he will make America Great again. I can’t tell you how excited I am about President Elect Trump, he is going to be fantastic, stay friends with us in the UK please, we need your strength.

7. AFVet permalink
    November 15, 2016 3:23 pm

Slightly off topic but we must expect this for the next two months.
    Here’s Obama in Greece lecturing them on what a good job he has done, globalism, the last election, yada yada yada.
    If you can stomach another apology tour, here you go.
    BTW,…how do you say YOU LIE in Greek?

• November 16, 2016 7:10 am

Thanks AFVet. Yeah, it’s beyond ridiculous how the media is doubling down on what got Hillary beat. And conservatives are already blistering Trump for his team picks. Gawd I just wish folks would give it a little time.

• November 16, 2016 10:58 am

Good grief! Here he is doing even more damage control on himself! What is it they say about those who have to boost themselves up before others…oh yea, PUTZ!

8. November 17, 2016 11:07 am

Hi Steve,
    Last night on Tucker Carlson’s new show he interviewed a college student who is pro-illegal immigrants coming into America. Tucker asked him, “Do you have a right to keep people out of your home?” The kid immediately replied, “That is not a proper analogy” to the discussion they were having about letting all illegals enter our country at will. These kids are SO BRAIN DIRTIED by the progressive leftist mantra that they can’t even see how controlled LEGAL immigration is good for our nation; while open borders are not only dangerous, but harmful to American workers and their families.

I wish that Tucker brought up the Kate Steinle case where an illegal alien in San Fransicko was deported 5 times, and then upon his final release in that “sanctuary city,” shot and killed that beautiful woman! Dozens, if not a hundred similar cases of Americans dying at the hands of illegal alien criminals (whose surviving family members Trump so graciously embraced at his rallies and on Hannity’s show) shows how out of touch to reality these marshmallow, crayon bearing and play doh therapy “students” really are!

• November 17, 2016 11:20 am

I’m wondering what is a “proper analogy?” I’ve got a little something for the snowflake …
      snowflake

• November 17, 2016 11:27 am

“Snowflake…” Ha! A combination of students like this kid being “snowed” (e.g. “to persuade or deceive: He was snowed into believing everything”) into liberal leftist lunatic beliefs and “flaky” (e.g. Slang. eccentric; wacky; dizzy: a flaky math professor)!

• November 17, 2016 1:33 pm