What Just Happened?

November 9, 2016

WOW!  Man-o-man, talk about surprised, stunned, exhilarated, happy and just down right “in a good mood” this morning! That’s ol’ Steve!

Last night I was periodically checking the voting action and of course couldn’t tell how it was going. Rini asked if I thought Trump would win. I simply said “No, I doubt it. But we’ve done our part and now we let the chips fall where they are.”  We sat down to do our nightly Bible reading and in praying for God’s blessing on our reading Rini asked God to grant Trump victory in the election. We finished and went through the usual stuff … Rini played Words With Friends on Facebook, I petted Sandy the pooch and finally went to bed.

This morning I got up, fired up the coffee maker and got my Bible to read my five chapters of Proverbs, all the while getting eaten up with curiosity about the election results but held off checking them to read. I finished my reading and fired up my laptop thinking, “Well, lets see how bad he got beat.” HOLY MOLY! HE WON!!!

The Republicans kept control of the House and Senate as well. Folks if this doesn’t send a message to the Congress that the American people have had enough of Obama and the anti-American policies that’s been shoved down our throats then nothing will.

I don’t know where all the #Never Trumpers are this morning. Probably pouting and exclaiming “Now you’ll see that Trump is unfit!”  Yeah, just like he wouldn’t win.

Now, we hold Trump and the Republican Party accountable in doing what they said they would … especially Trump. I know we as conservatives won’t get everything we want … hell, we probably won’t get 75% of what we want. But I’ll take the 25% for sure. With Hillary, it would have been zero %. This election is the very first step in the incremental placing of conservative, Constitutional folks in power. Yeah, I get it. We know how things eventually turn out because we read The Book. But if nothing else I believe this is all in God’s plan, maybe to grant more time for God’s grace to work in the lives of people and for more folks to come to Him.

1. November 9, 2016 6:49 am

I just wanna take the time to say thank you to all American people who voted Trump, and God bless you all who voted for him because the wars will stop in the world and killings with stop now that liberals are removed.Great victory!

2. November 9, 2016 7:03 am

OBAMA…PACK YOUR BAGS

3. November 9, 2016 7:37 am

Good morning Steve,

Indeed it is good news. I had the headers to Drudge Report on the screen of my cellphone and followed the votes from there. I could not stand to listen to jabbering journalists, that is until about midnight when I saw a tweet about Van Jones crying.

MSNBC and CNN stayed 20 electoral votes behind what everyone else had recorded all night. AP called it first, a few others followed but Fox, CNBC, MSNBC and CNN just would not call it but that’s when the shtf on twitter.

It was a long but exciting night. Sally Kohn got her butt handed to her for saying that Hillary lost because everyone who voted for Trump was racist. Van Jones went there too. What dopes.

And NeverTrumpers, they pouting and spouting vulgarities right now on twitter. Losers. Had a ball watching Clinton supporters. It was the end of the world for those Marxist goons.

• November 9, 2016 8:15 am

Ah yes Denise! The agony of the defeat experienced by the left is sweet indeed for us. Gotta go for now. I will be back though!

• November 9, 2016 1:31 pm

It’s Morning Again In America.

Van Jones meltdown was something to behold. Historic Hubris.

• November 9, 2016 6:37 pm

The guy is an absolute moron!

4. November 9, 2016 9:32 am

Excellent Blog. Here in England, I stayed up all night with my youngest Son to watch the Election I was praying Trump would do it, the ordinary people deserved to be listened to and they have been. It was just like Brexit here, never thought it would be a Win but YES it was fantastic. I have followed your Elections way back to Kennedy days, I have never seen anything like this. Thank goodness Obama has gone. I think President Elect Trump will turn out to be an excellent President, two terms. From here in England, thank you, thank you the American people who voted for him, it will be so good to see America once more great. Good Luck..

• November 9, 2016 6:32 pm

Thank you for taking part in supporting the American people and our choice for president. Yes he’s not perfect but it’s like I’ve been saying all along; we conservatives have to get what we want a little at a time … incrementally. Because we have this “all or none” mind-set we were never going to get anywhere. This is what liberals and Democrats have been doing for decades until they scored the crown jewel of Marxism, Socialism and all the other “isms” that are destroying this country … Barack Hussein Obama who hates our allies. (the U.K., Israel, etc.) Benjamin Netanyahu today exclaimed that Trump will bond our two nations like never before. That dear friend is about the most positive statement I’ve heard. Stay tuned as the U.S. welcomes the new president!

5. November 9, 2016 10:56 am

Our prayers have been answered.

• November 9, 2016 3:10 pm

So were mine last night, America deserved so much better than Obama, as for Clinton you were saved.

• November 9, 2016 4:16 pm

And you were saved: Brexit

• November 9, 2016 6:40 pm

Yes ma’am! America is a wonderful nation despite her problems. Can you imagine what this world will be like if America loses her freedom and independence. Just think about this … where will all the folks fleeing oppression and poverty go to? Like the saying over at the Canada Free Press says, “Without America There Is No Free World!”

6. November 9, 2016 1:28 pm

Steve, you and a lot of people were saying prayers, and the first thing I had to so was get on my sore knees to thank Him. God Bless America. It was Divine Providence I know. And our opponents were wrong, nearly every radical one of them. 2 Chronicles 7:14

• November 9, 2016 6:36 pm

I did so as we brother. I spent time genuinely thanking God for His goodness towards this nation. What a great and merciful God we serve!

7. November 9, 2016 7:41 pm

I pegged this one. Just like the Kennedy/Nixon elections in 1960… (I was eight) Kennedy won by less than 1/2 of 1 percent of the popular vote; he had accumulated enough electoral votes to nail it.

8. November 9, 2016 7:49 pm

Now we can listen to this and it will have some meaning…

9. November 10, 2016 6:48 am

What just happened is that God’s Will has been done.

10. November 10, 2016 8:44 am

I’m so happy for you Steve! I know that you worked hard here at your blog to encourage readers to vote for Trump and this victory is so sweet! As a NeverHilLIARy voter, I’m SO relieved that she lost the election!

Hope you don’t mind if I share this election results story.

My daughter texted me the next day and wrote:

Mama, I don’t know if you ended up voting for trump or not, but I am in tears over this. I’ve been crying all morning that this horrible man is our president. I’m scared for our country. You know I hate politics and I’ve never been passionate about elections or anything, but this has shaken me.

Just a note, several of our in-laws are progressives and most likely influenced her thinking regarding this election. She probably doesn’t even know much (since she hates politics) about the Clinton crime family. I needed to be careful in responding to her. Here is what I wrote:

Oh honey, I’m so sorry that you’re so upset over this! I have been there in the past when my choices were rejected so I know how you’re feeling.

She wrote:

Lucy crawled over and hugged me, touched my teary eyes, pulled her pacifier out of her mouth and gave me a kiss. She makes everything better.

Now I teared up!

I wrote:

Awww!! She wanted to comfort you! She loves her mama so much!!!

She wrote:

She’s the sweetest!

I wrote:

She is the sweet and lovable little person she is because of her wonderful parents! God and family are what matters most in this life, honey!

She wrote:

That’s right mama. Putting all of my faith in God! As long as I have my family I’ll be ok!

I wrote:

Very true sweetheart!

I share this in the hope that it might help others who may experience such divided attitudes with family members regarding the results of this election.

Living in California can sometimes be very, very challenging and trying on the soul! The riots have already started by the liberal loonie leftists and now calls for our state to secede from the United States are trending on social media. I knew that CA would vote heavily for Clinton, but I’m certainly glad that most of the rest of the nation rejected her and her radical anti-Christian mindset!

Now, it’s time to pray for the Trump presidency and family. I pray that he keeps his campaign promises to We the People and that as a result, the deep divide that has festered so terribly during the 0bama years will begin to be healed.

• November 10, 2016 10:59 am

I feel bad for the innocents caught up in the divide Christine. Your daughter has been torn apart by the liberal media publishing every ungodly lie about Trump anyone could imagine. Now that he’s won the election we have to hold his feet to the fire to make certain he doesn’t cave to the Democrats. We elected him to make a stand on the insidious policies of Obama and Hillary Clinton. They talk a good talk yet the conditions only get worse. I talked with my brother last night. He lives somewhere around Vacaville and said that some proposition got passed out there that you have to pass a background check to buy bullets now. Ridiculous, feel good nonsense which punishes only law abiding citizens. I know about the division within family thing. My son was/is about as anti-Trump as one could get. He voted for Gary Johnson. Nothing could convince him to at least give Trump even a small benefit of the doubt. He still, even now is ranting and raving on Facebook with all kinds of weird stuff. Embarrassing. Anyway, tell your daughter not to be fearful and give God a chance to work.