Yes, Never Trumpsters have to share the blame if Trump loses.

October 3, 2016

Hey folks! Sorry I’ve been somewhat absent. I haven’t had too much of a burden to post anything as I know that a lot of you guys and gals are like me … nearly overwhelmed with the current events and trying to make sense from it.

Anyway, I’m sure many of you have seen the #Never Trump crowd spout off some of the most asinine stuff, ‘standing their ground’ for “values” and “principles.” Of which none of them can name any that would support their reasoning.

I read one piece this morning by J.D. Rucker. He writes over at the site called Soshable. He claims to be a Christian conservative. Now, I don’t doubt his claim to be Christian for a second and beyond being somewhat pugnacious at times he’s okay. He’s kind of in the same category as Erick Erickson … a #Never Trumpster. There have been a lot of Trump supporters who are of the opinion the #Never Trumpsters will be responsible, at least somewhat sharing the blame if Trump loses the election. In my humble opinion if one doesn’t vote for Trump then that person is helping Hillary regardless of whether they vote  for her or not. Now, if a person is genuinely neutral and doesn’t work against a candidate, then they need not share any blame for whoever loses the election.

Now, if a person refuses to vote for Trump and at the same time publish articles which  presents Trump in a negative light then logically that person is working towards Trump’s possible defeat. Publishing negative opinions about Trump is actively working against his campaign and is far from remaining neutral. I’m going to highlight some of the things Mr. Rucker wrote and you can judge for yourself if folks like Rucker should share any blame should Trump lose to Hillary.

Here we go … (these are excerpts)

Via: Soshable

The victim card has not been held exclusively by liberals, but they have a much higher predisposition for playing it. At least they used to. Today, we’re seeing another example in the form of Trump supporters. These “victims” are those on social media, mainstream media, and even in the bowels of the RNC itself that have been claiming the folks in the #NeverTrump camp will be to blame if Trump loses.

No. You have the burden of proof. You have the job of selling him to voters. You are the people responsible if Trump loses. If you are on the Trump Train, stop blaming those of us on the sidelines. We’ve looked at Donald Trump. We’ve looked at Hillary Clinton. We’ve decided that neither is acceptable.

~~~

The fatal blow will likely come to all of our freedoms regardless of which candidate loses this election less than the other. Don’t dishonor us simply because we’re not willing to strike a self-inflicted wound. Either show us how Trump has earned our vote or leave us alone about it. Either way, stop trying to blame us for your failure to make a valid case other than, “but Hillary.”

You can read the article RIGHT HERE and it’s not very long so go ahead and read it.

I posted a comment to the article which said … “We’ve looked at Donald Trump. We’ve looked at Hillary Clinton. We’ve decided that neither is acceptable.”
Uh, isn’t that what the primaries were all about Mr. Rucker, to “sell” each candidate to the voters? What happened? Trump managed to sell his message just a little better than the 16 other Republican candidates is what. Perhaps the #Never Trumpers should have been a little more diligent in selling their candidate instead of playing the victim now.
It’s Hillary or Trump … make a choice or surely the choice will be made for you.

Apparently Mr. Rucker missed all the primaries. Trump finished the primaries with 1441 delegates and his closest competitor, Ted Cruz ended up with 551 delegates. Trump also nearly doubled the popular vote count of Cruz. So, it kind of appears that Trump managed to “sell” himself a whole hell-of-a lot better than the other sixteen candidates.

It seems that Mr. Rucker thinks that Trump could be lying when he says he wants to make America great again. Mr. Rucker also wrote, The fact that they represent the two parts of a binary choice for the next President of the United States does not instantly require us to pick one or the other.

To that I say, No you are not “required” to pick one or the other. But posting negative articles about Trump surely isn’t hanging out on the “sidelines” either (which Mr. Rucker claims he’s doing). I looked through some of Mr. Rucker’s posts and I couldn’t find one that supported his claim to be on the sidelines.

If folks like Mr. Rucker and his ilk (think Erickson) haven’t been sold on Trump by now, then their problem isn’t with the product, if you will. It’s their self elevated position of being blinded by the light of their own image that they simply can’t get past. Yeah, Mr. Rucker and the other #Never Trumpsters have no choice but to share in the blame for a Hillary presidency. Mr. Rucker, you can’t have it both ways because you definitely are not “on the sidelines.” The idea that you can actively work against Trump and not share some of the blame for a Hillary victory is ludicrous.

1. October 4, 2016 1:47 am

Well that’s the thing. The primaries were the time and place to stand for your values and principles. Now it’s time to stand for your team, and if you are not standing for your team, then you are letting the other team score. Trump wasn’t my guy. I expressed why. My guy didn’t win and Trump did. Now it’s time to put on the big girl panties and support the one that everyone else on my team apparently wants. I don’t know why “principles” are suddenly so much more important in this election than previous ones. They need to suck it up, buttercup, because the alternative is infinitely worse.

💙💛💚*hugs*

• October 4, 2016 5:50 am

You are 100% correct Vanessa. Trump wasn’t “my guy” either. I voted for Cruz in the Texas primary, with the mind-set that whoever wins the Republican nomination I will support … even if it were (gasp!) Jeb Bush and I’m sure you know how much I loathe the Bush family. Mr. Rucker pointed out some of the characteristics of Democrats. He missed probably the most important one; that is they always support their candidate no matter how much they don’t like him/her or how corrupt they might be. Like I’ve written many times we cannot get everything we want at one time. Ted Cruz, no matter how much we conservatives like him and his values and principles would get spanked by Hillary. He is too delicate and genteel, much like McCain and Romney. Both were losers and threw the elections. Especially Romney. He had that election as good as won and couldn’t bring it on home. And to think the #Never Trump crowd had the nerve to put him out front bashing Trump like he did in his anti-Trump speech. Made me sick. It is ludicrous to think for a second that Trump and Hillary are one in the same. Mr. Rucker suggested that he didn’t know how Trump will make America great again and that maybe he could be lying. Gawd, talk about ignorance. I think he would do well to watch a Trump rally and actually pay attention. I’ve listened to him and seen his rallies and I like what he says. Yeah he’s arrogant and crass but he’s saying a lot of the stuff we need to hear and hopefully he will do what he says. I think he just might be arrogant enough to do precisely what he proposes. The Ruckers continually cast doubt because Trump is untested. Utter foolishness.
      Hoping you and your loved ones are doing a-okay young lady!

2. October 4, 2016 1:01 pm

I am beginning to feel more confident about Donald Trump. I read an article somewhere that said Hillary is having a hard time getting a crowd of more than a couple of hundred at any of the small venues into which she is being booked and Trump is filling stadiums. I also read that the press corps that used to follow Clinton has dwindled significantly and that the room where her press corps works is virtually empty while the Trump pressroom is often so crowded that the press people threaten to overflow their boundaries. Somebody is not telling us something and somebody is telling us some lies … and I think the media are doing a lot of the pro-Hillary spinning and refusing to show the crowds that Trump draws. I am more confident about Donald now than ever having learned these things. There seems to be a concerted effort among Media types to completely black him out wherever and whenever possible while doing their best to elevate the image of …. “Her.”

• October 4, 2016 4:10 pm

I believe you’re correct in your comment John. Granted, Trump isn’t everything we want in a candidate, but on the important issues regarding national security, immigration, and making policy which is favorable to America and her citizens, Trump is like a light beacon on a dark bay compared to Hillary.

• October 4, 2016 5:46 pm

I beleive Hillary is in this thing for Hillary.

3. October 4, 2016 10:31 pm

I’ve been okay, just started the kids back to homeschool this week. 🙂

I think what the NeverTrumpers don’t seem to grasp is that their vaunted principles won’t keep the lights on if Hillary wins. As my favorite Spock once said, “The needs of the many (the country) outweigh the needs of the few (NeverTrumpers principles).

Caught an article by Dennis Prager as I was trying to catch up in my reader – thought you might like it: http://www.nationalreview.com/article/439712/

Love to you and Rina!