The Republicans should be listening … but they won’t … updated

March 17, 2016

Despite the continued Trump bashing by the left, Republicans, most ‘conservative’ media, (Erick Erickson of RedState for one, who vows to never vote for Trump even if it means handing the presidency to Hillary), complete a$$hole talk-show hosts such as Mark Levin (who is the ‘defender of the Constitution’ except when it came to defending it regarding Barack Obama), and phony conservative bloggers like SOOPERMEXICAN, Trump is still in the lead for the Republican nomination with better than 50% support nationally.

Of course the Republican establishment is plotting behind closed doors to thwart the will of the voters in their effort to steal the nomination.

It’s common knowledge that the Republicans refuse to listen to what the voters have been saying for years; secure the border, protect American citizens, strengthen the U.S. military and stop importing Muslim ‘refugees’ from hostile Islamic nations. It’s also common knowledge that the establishment Republicans, along with the aforementioned media personalities will stop at nothing to get their way, continuing to protect their power and careers.

Ann Coulter wrote an excellent piece describing perfectly the dilemma facing the Republicans and just how bad the voters want someone like Trump or Cruz to win this thing. Either will spank Hillary in the general election if voter fraud is kept in check.

Here’s part of her writing …

VOTERS DELIVER SUBTLE MESSAGE: DIE DONOR SCUM

THE REST RIGHT HERE
After reading more drivel written by Erick Erickson, I feel the need to respond to at least the following comments within his piece.
If that means Hillary Clinton becomes President of the United States, Donald Trump’s supporters can carry that burden. Everyone saw it coming except for them. If they wish to transform the Republican Party into something it is not nor ever has been, then I will part ways with the GOP.
This guy, this self-proclaimed “Christian conservative” will blame Trump supporters if Hillary wins the presidency. Folks, everyone can see that Trump will defeat Hillary in the general election. If she wins, it will be because sanctimonious freaks like Mr. Erickson will sell out the country before acknowledging his errors in judgment. READ his article. He sounds like Obama … patting himself on the back while accusing Trump of being the opposite because … he doesn’t like him.

1. AFVet permalink
    March 17, 2016 10:32 am

Great post Steve.
    Ann can be kind of ditzy at times, but she nailed it on this one.

I think that the odds of a brokered convention are looming large.
    The GOP WANTS Kasich to stay in for that reason alone.

Kasich should get out, he can’t win with the voters.

• March 17, 2016 10:39 am

Yes Sir, she does get a bit off at times, but I like the way she writes. I read one of her books quite a few years ago and I almost had to have a dictionary along-side the book to track with her extensive vocabulary!
      I agree with the ‘nailed’ part for sure!

2. AFVet permalink
    March 18, 2016 9:32 am

Here comes the Judge.

3. March 18, 2016 10:32 am

I have long thought that the Coronation of a Queen Bee by the power elite and the big money guys was a foregone conclusion as a second act to the failed Bummer Administration and that all the fluff and noise surrounding the so-called “Debates” and “Convention” and whatever else they have concocted to cover their true intentions is nothing more than political theater to make the grunts down here at peon level believe we still have a voice in our government …. which we do not …. as can be shown by how the power elites are trying to dictate to their electorate even as I type — rewriting the rule book for conventions and what have you. I will not be surprised if they do not use their wholly-owned subsidiary, The SCOTUS to eventually try to rewrite the Constitution as well so they can entrench themselves permanently as the rulers of every thing and everyone. This is a battle between “We The People” and The Elite Power Mongers in D.C., — power mongers that have gone mad with power and forgotten what their real purpose is supposed to be …. serving The People instead of serving themselves. Donald Trump opposes that kind of America as well he should and they are scared to death that he and The People might actually get together and return the government of America to the citizens like the Founders wanted it all to be.

• AFVet permalink
      March 19, 2016 10:35 am

Well said John.
      Time will tell We the People if we have lost our republic.
      Franklin when asked what they had given us responded, a republic, if you can keep it.
      Now is the time to prove our mettle and save the republic.

4. March 20, 2016 6:23 pm

I hate to promote myself here but I have no other way of communicating so I want to tell you all that I have moved my blog again and it is now at: https://jlimingcom.wordpress.com/

5. March 21, 2016 1:55 pm

It still amazes me that the Republican establishment has no idea what Republican voters want. There are times I firmly believe that they’re all just Dems trying to hijack the party. *sigh*