Nice guys finish last

March 2, 2016

Hello folks! Okay, I just read a great article which I think makes correct observations of what the nation is and has been going through … and why.

Here’s a lead-in to the article and a link to the piece:

‘Nice’ losers, nasty winners in 2016

The presidential candidate of Midwestern nostalgia, Ohio governor John Kasich, is a nice man. Unfortunately, the 2016 election cycle is a meat-grinder: equal parts unpredictability and contentiousness, not decency. Therefore, “nice guy” candidates like the highly likable and eminent Dr. Ben Carson, in the same Kasich mold, trail badly in the polls.

In any case, the electorate is disillusioned by the establishments of both political parties, as well as the propagandist, one-sided MSM that carries the Democrats’ swill of half-truths, misleading statements by omission, and outright cover for lies (like Joe Biden’s 1992 “misunderstood” objection to an end-term Republican president making a Supreme Court nomination.)

All under Mr. Obama’s golf-playing watch: 10 trillion in additional debt; almost 8 more years of economic downturn; 93 million able-bodied Americans unable to find employment; Democrats’ pandering to Radical Islam, illegal aliens and Black Lives Matter; Europe awash in 60 million migrants and the Middle East on fire with terrorism. And lest I forget, our pro-Islamic president‘s crowning legacy: the high probability proliferation of nuclear weapons in the Middle East under the control of Iranian ayatollahs.

To any clear thinking person, is it any surprise that everything is “throw the bums out?” (This means you too, House Speaker Paul Ryan, with your “fresh start” 2 trillion dollar budgetary capitulation to Democrats.) In 2016, it takes no genius to realize that voters are fed up to their eyeballs. Consequently, Kasich’s fond Americana of homemade apple pies or “I Love Lucy” reruns is out-of-step with the timbre of the country.

CLICK RIGHT ABOUT HERE

1. March 2, 2016 9:27 am

Great article! Needed to be said!

I finally figured out why many evangelical Christians have voted for Trump and will vote for him when the primary hits their states. It’s not only the establishment Republicans, the political “elites,” the Republican Senators and Congressmen who got into office stating their conservative values and intentions (which many backtracked on!) or the complete disaster of 0zero and his BADministration…it is also because voters are fed up with the donor class!

I have been getting so many annoying emails from every candidate except Trump. We all know why he doesn’t need to do that. However, my fear is that Trump would turn out to be another 0bama with an “R” next to his name if he gets into office.

• March 2, 2016 2:39 pm

As well as my fear Christine. Though, I think he’s also arrogant enough to do exactly what he says.

• AFVet permalink
      March 3, 2016 5:25 pm

Maybe he would be an Obama in the other direction, you know, for the Country as opposed to against it .

2. March 2, 2016 9:41 am

I’m going to share that link on my blog! I think it is very important to spread it around today.

3. March 2, 2016 11:03 am

I hope the voters are fed up to their eyeballs and I hope they can get out and actually vote to change things this time around. I am afraid that if Clinton were to be elected we will have at least 4 more years of Obama-style policies and the reason I fear this is that she keeps on talking about how great the Obama policies are and we sure as hell do not need even another day of Obama-style policies …. unless of course it would come with free golf lessons or expense paid vacations to somewhere …. you know what I mean? Trump makes the most sense of all of them and even though I was recently converted from being a radical leftist Liberal and have now become a confirmed Centrist Independent, I am definitely going to vote for Mr. Trump and take my chances on where the cards fall. I lived through George W. Bush and Obummer and I can certainly take the likes of a Donald Trump. I like the guy and I think he is what is needed at this time in our …. troubled times.

• AFVet permalink
      March 3, 2016 5:19 pm

Welcome to the fold John.
      We need a change in this Country and not a change in gender in the WH.
      We need a change in direction and leadership.
      Here is what is wrong with the current leadership.
      The GOP is desperate to retain their power.
      They think we don’t notice.

4. March 4, 2016 1:10 pm

Well, great observations. Any other time the masses (media and Party elites) would be saying that if only the people would get more involved, blah, blah. Now that they are, and taking names, there is a round of criticism aimed at the formerly apathetic people. Gee, C&H, we couldn’t write this stuff …. it would seem unbelievable.

March 4, 2016 7:54 pm

OK lump me in with Trump. The title of this article. Promiscuous girl friend of many years ago said the same thing. lol