The politician’s disguise

February 22, 2016

There’s an old saying. It goes something like, “What we are, is not what people see.”

I was thinking about disguises this weekend. I know, that sounds weird. What can I say?  The disguises I was thinking about though are not the temporary ones designed to make a person unrecognizable to folks who may be looking for them, like a fake mustache (heh heh!).

The disguises I’ve been thinking about are permanent for those who own them. These come in a wide variety of applications but all achieve the ultimate goal of deception. Take, for example, any well-known mega-church minister. Globe-trotting via privately or ‘church owned’ jets and living in multi-million dollar mansions. This example really is a poor one because a lot of folks can see through the disguise … sadly, many can’t.

Media personalities and politicians all appear to be what they claim. The media disguise is easier to see through than that of a professional politician. That’s because the media always reveal their ideology via what they print.

What’s interesting is the media actually helps the politician in keeping the disguise in place.

I’m not sure where I’m going with this. I just know that out of all the disguises in which people hide, the politician is the most insidious. Yeah, the phony preacher gets rich from poor unsuspecting, desperate people, but they can’t hold a candle to the corrupt politician.

Politicians are addicted to wealth and power. They sell out nations. They’ll murder close friends, yea even relatives. They willingly use the poor and desperate to gain more control and power. For many of them, committing treason is all in a day’s work.

Yeah, most are creating a world for ‘the people’ to exist in … but they won’t be living in it. They will be controlling it, smiling and waving to the masses, behind the disguise.

1. February 22, 2016 12:23 pm

This wisdom is so accurate, so deep and so remarkably apropos for the times we are living in. I don’t think anyone could have stated it more eloguently than you have.

2. February 22, 2016 12:51 pm

I would agree with this. I think it’s largely true about most politicians. And it’s kind of funny – not in a “haha” kind of way, but in an ironic way – that the people who would so clearly see through the disguise of a preacher who says he wants to “help” someone, can’t seem to see it as it regards a politician.

We saw through it with Obama. I mean, you and I did, and a number of others. Too many didn’t, unfortunately.

3. February 22, 2016 3:53 pm

Right, and I’d add to that media the act of omision. They are particularly good at what they leave out. Another part of their disguise. ‘Gee, we just did not have enough room for that…. we needed more confirmation’. I just saw Fox delving into this one this week on SC. They said of course we know more than we have put out”. So they are holding back what they want, maybe it is fermenting? “Trust us though”.

4. February 23, 2016 3:49 am

Another disgusting example; the latest S–t sandwich we’re supposed to swallow about the death of Judge Scalia.
    Remember the two-faced Mayor in the bizarre comedy “Nightmare Before Christmas”?

5. AFVet permalink
    February 23, 2016 11:24 am

Here is what the people see in Trump.
    This is what they have starving for for years.
    Here is why his rallys are so immense.

• AFVet permalink
      February 23, 2016 11:30 am

There’s nothing wrong with Preachers.
      At this time in our Country’s history, we need a gladiator in the White House.

February 25, 2016 9:07 pm

AFVet yes my dad encountered great solace in his late years listening to Jimmy Swaggart on TV. He had gone to church faithfully most of his life but was bedridden in the end.
    Been gone awhile, would’ve been 105 soon if lived to be that.
    But then he might’ve had to dance with Michelle. He counted his blessings. 🙂

7. February 27, 2016 10:13 am

Hi Steve!

What you wrote is so very true! It seems as though politicians need to put on a disguise in order to appeal to the ideology of the voters that they want to attract to their campaign.

In a recent discussion with my 28 yr. old daughter, she told me that she doesn’t like any of the presidential candidates on either side!

The same need for disguising oneself is often true of judges. We have found that the Supreme Court judges that were nominated and confirmed by Republican presidents often turned out not to be as conservative as they previously claimed!

Recently I read about a secret meeting between 0zero and Scalia just hours before his death. In another blog thread (need to find it) there was evidence of a “cease and desist” order which threatened against people reporting this or blogging about it! 79% of Americans believe that there was absolutely foul play involved! The criminality of this BADministration is so blatantly evil it hurts to even think about it anymore! What’s more, they don’t even hide their pact with Satan anymore!

WND:
    Obama picks side in ‘hail Satan’ abortion fight

Administration to argue on behalf of industry against safety regulations for women

We are certainly in the throes of the end times! The evidence is so clear and all around us! Thank God for Jesus Christ, our Lord and Savior for we know Who wins in the end!

God bless you Steve!

~ Christine

P.S I have been away from blogging for several months because my daughter had a baby girl in November and my son got married in February! Busy couple of months!

• March 2, 2016 7:44 am

Good morning Christine! It’s good to “see” you again. I haven’t been doing much here (obviously) lately. I like Ted Cruz … Trump is next for me. I voted for Cruz (by mail) the other day. I’m going to post a link to an article I just read and it is spot on.
      Congratulations on the new baby and marriage. You do have a lovely family and are surely blessed.

February 28, 2016 6:57 pm

Thinking of a politicians disguise made me think of Moms Mabley. She described a preacher at a house of ill repute, glasses and all. Yeah Trump is foul mouthed too. I didn’t find a particular quote by Moms about pols. But this one covers it as it should be.
    “A woman is a woman until she dies, a man is a man as long as he can.” #Trump 2016