Gun Control? We’ve given enough to it.

October 6, 2015

I don’t have a burden to write about gun control and the bizarre excuses of why we need more laws but I found an article which I think I’ll respond to.

First of all as far as gun control is concerned we have been applying it the way liberals have wanted for decades. Cities ban ownership, gun free zones, federal background checks, registration in many states, regulation upon regulation, magazine limits, banning certain firearms because they “look” a certain way, etc. etc. These are liberal standards which hasn’t done anything what so ever to curb what they refer to as “gun violence.” There is no one with an IQ beyond their shoe size who doesn’t know most of this was meaningless from the beginning in stopping crimes being committed with guns. I think it’s against the law nation wide to kill, rob and kidnap using a gun, another person. Having said that, I tend to think there could be an enforcement problem, which is also typical of liberals.

We just had a mass shooting in Oregon. Oh, and the headline should have been something like Black Thug Murders 9 White Christians. But that would never happen. Hell CNN made the guy white in his picture and he was as black as Barack Obama. One white parent, one black parent.

Thanks to the famous !

untitled

The bodies hadn’t even been removed from the building before Obama, who damn sure wasn’t going to let this crisis go to waste, was standing before the cameras, faking anger, and calling for the confiscation of civilian owned firearms. Oh, I know there will be liberals saying “No he didn’t! He just wants ‘common sense’ gun control!”  Well, yes he did when he mentioned Australia and the U.K. and how we need to learn from them, which both nations did just that. Need I remind Mr. Obama and your typical liberal that Americans don’t want our nation to be like Australia or the U.K. We actually like living here and enjoy the freedoms and liberty afforded us by the Constitution, and regardless of how you feel the 2nd Amendment is a God given right for the U.S. citizen to keep and bear arms.

Now there’s a “gun safety group” (read gun confiscation group) recommending some controls that would be great to have in place. We’ll check them out and see how much ‘common sense’ and how much ‘gun violence’ will be reduced.

Okay, here we go …

Via: Reuters

The group first recommended the Obama administration clarify the Gun-Free School Zones Act of 1990, which bars possession of a gun within 1,000 feet of a school. The law exempts people with a qualified state permit, but it is not clear which permits qualify for the exemption.

So, clarifying what a gun free zone is will help. Hmmmm … okay.

The group also recommended a regulation clarifying that high-volume gun sellers are engaged in the business of dealing firearms, and thus must get a federal firearms license and comply with criminal background checks for gun sales.

Folks if you’re a high-volume gun dealer you already have to have a federal firearms license and would have to comply with back ground checks for gun sales. These are current federal laws.

Third, it recommended that federal law enforcement be directed to identify and arrest dangerous criminals who try to buy illegal guns, and notify and work with local and state officials when there are attempts.

If dangerous criminals are attempting to buy illegal guns, just how is law enforcement going to know about that? I think that’s where the term “illegal” comes in. Oh, maybe they’re referring to the illegal weapons Obama and Eric Holder were selling to the Mexican drug cartels during Operation Fast and Furious. Okay, got it.

Now this next one is where the red flags should go up …

In addition, the federal government should help states enforce their existing background check laws by publishing aggregate background check denial data for guns sold by unlicensed sellers, such as private individuals, the group said in a report.

This is nothing but calling for the registration of each and every gun in America. “publishing aggregate background check denial data for guns sold by unlicensed sellers, such as private individuals.”  There really is no such thing as an “unlicensed” firearms seller … except the private individual. So, all this is saying that if I wanted to sell one of my guns to my neighbor or transfer ownership over to my son … I’d have to be able to run a background check before transferring ownership. If I didn’t, I would be committing a felony. The wording is crafty enough but the meaning is obvious.

And lastly, another meaningless recommendation by the ‘gun safety group’ …

Lastly, the group called for further protection of domestic abuse victims by banning all convicted abusers, regardless of marital status, from having guns.

I call to mind the woman in New Jersey who applied for a permit to buy a gun because her ex-boyfriend was extremely abusive and dangerous. He wouldn’t abide by restraining orders and the woman feared for her life. Instead of providing protection for the domestically abused, she was murdered after waiting months for “permission” to buy a gun.

There isn’t one of these proposals that would do anything to curb “gun violence” as most of them are already in place. As I mentioned we’ve been doing it the liberal way for decades, yet they bitch about their own failed regulations.

Out of the five proposals only one is the real goal in the left’s quest for actual firearm confiscation and it’s number four on the list.

I read all the time how liberals mock the idea that only a ‘good guy with a gun can stop a bad guy with a gun.’ The deal is, each and every incident of mass shootings ended when the good guys (cops) showed up with … gasp … guns.

1. October 6, 2015 12:20 pm

Reblogged this on and commented:
    There are so many different and varying opinions, perspectives, takes and viewpoints about guns in America that I think it is important to study as many of them as closely as we can and so I am pleased to re-blog this comprehensive overview from “Cry and Howl.”

2. October 6, 2015 5:45 pm

We are not England nor Australia and obamanazi and the gun haters can go fook themselves. He is coming to Roseburg, three hours away from where I am and it is NOT wanted there at all. It is all about an agenda and to take guns away through eventual confiscation. Really? Over 300 million guns in USA and no one I know or tread with is in favor of anymore new regs or rules, period regarding guns or registration.

I would suggest acquiring as many weapons as you can and a lot of ammo. Most of us are VERY responsible with our guns. You mess with me or my home, my kids and you better be a better shot than me or have more ammo in your clip. Remember, the younger generations have been brainwashed into thinking any and all guns are bad for the most part. Just what communism, socialism does to the younger generations. Not to mention moronic progressive parents who are oblivious to the dangers that surround us. I will never wait 15 minutes for LE to show up nor take that chance.

• October 6, 2015 7:11 pm

We’ve been looking for you PatriotUSA! Dammit! You had us worried!
      Yeah, I’m not the kind of guy to be messing with for sure. Ask the guys I work with.

• LadyRavenSDC permalink
      October 6, 2015 10:49 pm

I wasn’t really worried about you Patriot – know you are a tough SOB – but I knew it had to be screwing with your heart for many reasons. HUGS!

October 6, 2015 10:11 pm

I’ll not bow over forwards or backwards for a POS I only need to squat for. Dang I getting brave to be so exposed. Oh well, I guess I got message…just use my left hand for the sweetest wipe I ever swiped. Then in the morning ask lady to use her right hand to unwrap my Hardee’s biscuit in the morning at ole timers gathering. 🙂 Yeah, who wrapped it?

4. LadyRavenSDC permalink
    October 6, 2015 10:44 pm

Good piece Steve. That #3 actually had me crackin up! Those people, all PhD’s I’m sure, every one of them must have been dropped on their heads when they were babies!

• the unit permalink
      October 6, 2015 11:37 pm

Think maybe their brains were excised and sold @ birth or abortion. Of course before idea of head transplant, but just swab in a bit of fecal stem cells where brain was to keep the B.S live and willing. 🙂

• LadyRavenSDC permalink
      October 6, 2015 11:56 pm

You are a hard (and actually very funny) man TU!
      Hey! This should be interesting –

• October 7, 2015 6:58 am

The Unit is one of the handful of faithful visitors who make Ol’ Cry and Howl worth the effort. We’ve spoken a few times on the phone and it’s always encouraging to talk with a real America loving person!

• October 7, 2015 6:56 am

“fecal stem cells” Unit? I never thought about it like that.

• the unit permalink
      October 7, 2015 1:27 am

Thanks for posting this video. Watched 13 minutes, will watch rest in the morning, I done done in for tonight. Thanks LadyRaven.

• LadyRavenSDC permalink
      October 7, 2015 1:35 am

Drudge had a special message for you TU. Speak up! NightNight.

• the unit permalink
      October 7, 2015 3:24 am

OK, couldn’t sleep. Came back and finished watching the video. Imagine these two saying don’t play into the creeps idea of reality. My goodness, no, been typing since 3 am for this little comment. Arthritic fingers kept hitting keys that were not right. Think I got it done a 3:23.

• October 7, 2015 6:55 am

Yes ma’am. Complete mind-less drivel. Actually I think 4 were created to provide cover for the “aggregate background” check one. Through the shiny meaningless objects to deflect the curiously worded one that’s the real object.

5. October 7, 2015 12:41 am

Thank you Steve and Ladyraven.

Been in the shadowlands were I feel safe and can see better in all directions. Humanity makes me very nervous and very ill. Me trust is pretty well shot to hell as is the physical body, meh.

Life is extremely tough for me. For every demon I slay, ten more show up. LR knows much of the darkness I battle and challenges I face. These fair blue eyes have seen way too much and my soul has been forever altered by these things, Not all demons and monsters are bad. Those are matters best left for private discussions.

This may be of interest for those here and I snap up as much of this caliber as I can afford.
    22 Magnum is also a ‘sick’ shot. Sick meaning very good.

• October 7, 2015 7:06 am

Thanks for the link PatriotUSA! I’m a big-time fan of the .22 caliber round. Naturally for plinking, but I can see a strong defensive purpose for them as well. I’ve always loved the Ruger design for the semi-auto, especially the Mini 14.
      One of my drivers has a .22 rifle that looks just like an AR15 and is a great little rifle. I’ve been trying to get him to sell it to me to no avail.

6. October 7, 2015 11:38 am

Great post. Loved the pic!

October 7, 2015 12:33 pm

Alex Jones is not new to me. He dang sure not main stream. Drudge has lately provided links to his site and thoughts. But I wonder…no link to this interview with Alex on the Drudge site? Just wondering. I just visit four, five, maybe six blogs, and half consider Alex a kook.
    It was a kook like me that introduced me to him on radio about twenty years ago.
    If he wasn’t clean though, NSA would have reduced him to fly dung by now.
    Any thoughts concerning my inquiry?

• LadyRavenSDC permalink
      October 7, 2015 12:53 pm

I haven’t looked at Drudge today however last night I checked Drudge’s twitter account and he definitely linked the video there.

TU – I cannot be specific here without going back to the 45+ minute interview and I’m not going to go there, but my last thoughts on the interview as I was falling asleep was this – Drudge complimented Jones MULTIPLE times in the interview. The words he used are very much those that describe Trump to a T in the conservative (for Trump) groups.

I’m thinking Drudge used this little drop in with a two fold purpose. To give Jones some recognition he, Drudge, thinks Jones deserves (he does do some damn good reporting/exposing) – AND – by using the words used to describe Trump – he is attempting to plant in our minds his approval for Trump.

Drudge is just as scared for our country as any of us. He is privy to much we are not. His way of supporting without overtly saying it because he cannot on his site.

It was kind of an aha realization – and – well – maybe I’m just nuts.

• October 7, 2015 12:57 pm

Drudge was considered a “kook” also until he broke the Clinton-Lewinsky affair. A tabloid broke the John Edwards affair … forget which one.

• the unit permalink
      October 7, 2015 1:10 pm

OK, it was a for real interview. Yes, I sensed and think Drudge maybe said sites like Alex and Drudge would not be around a lot longer. Or C&H or Whiskey in a Jar either.

• LadyRavenSDC permalink
      October 7, 2015 1:12 pm

Oh yeah, he surely was saying that. That would have made his purpose three fold.
      Remembering that part now, when Drudge said exactly that, Jones said the people would not put up with it.

• the unit permalink
      October 7, 2015 1:17 pm

If they do…change the song ‘from pass the biscuits if you please’ to Lady Raven’s ‘pass the aspirin please.’

• the unit permalink
      October 7, 2015 1:26 pm

P.S. not knowing all readers demographics, that line about biscuits was from a song…’Just a bowl of butterbeans.’ 🙂

• the unit permalink
      October 7, 2015 5:51 pm

And well he(Durdge) ain’t purty. Reminds me of the 21st century light bulb I can’t touch or it will burn out. And damn they do in a week. Now $6 or 7 bucks a pop.
      Hint…it (bulb)in above stove microwave. Of course use vinyl or latex glove to insert..seal it in with Gorilla tape around cracks in fixture at insertion site… lasts much longer. May try silicone, but would have to be sure to get all grease cleaned away. Could be tough with just a left hand. Just a little help for my friends. 🙂

8. October 8, 2015 10:01 am

Reblogged this on BPI reblog001.

1. BPI reblog001 Daily Archives: October 08, 2015 | boudicabpi2015