Fact: conservatives are much more compassionate than liberals

December 30, 2012

We hear all the time liberals saying that conservatives are “less educated” than liberals. I’m sure they link to some liberal or left-leaning information provider to support such a ridiculous claim. But, for the sake of argument let’s just say it’s true. Exactly what does that mean in terms of morality, kindness towards others, common sense, tolerance, sensitivity towards those less fortunate or any other passion in which “higher education” has absolutely nothing to do with?  Just that. Nothing. Let’s see, liberals (highly educated) push for abortion on demand. Liberals despise those who are more successful then they are (hmmm … could ‘more successful’ mean more educated?)  It’s a well known fact that churches are very active in clothing the poor and feeding the hungry. It is also a fact that conservatives outnumber liberals 2:1 in church attendance. By default that makes conservatives much more compassionate and caring for the poor in spite of the claim by liberals that conservatives don’t care for the poor. Another fact is that conservatives give more to charities than liberals by a very wide margin … and is likely to give … suck this one up liberal …  100 times as much as liberals to charities, though on average it’s 30%.

So folks, the next time you hear a liberal say something like … “Conservatives certainly do not seem to care much about feeding the poor, healing the sick or tending to the needs of the homeless,”  know of a certainty that person does not know what he/she is talking about and most likely is very under-educated, uncompassionate, racist, envious and will spout off any Democrat talking point that comes his/her way.

On a final note here, when Jesus chose his disciples, did he choose the educated scribes and scholars of the time? Did he choose the “Rhodes Scholars” of the time? Did he choose eloquent orators, and great speakers who could captivate a crowd? I trow not. He chose fishermen, a tax collector, a tent maker, and some of the most humble unlearned people he encountered.

It’s not the education folks … it’s a matter of the heart.

About these ads
  1. upaces88 permalink
    December 30, 2012 2:06 pm

Liberals are mentally ill; and all they can think about is “me, me, me.”
    You won’t see liberals doing volunteer work at women’s shelters, or food pantries for the homeless. They are they ones at the food pantries expecting everyone else to provide for them.

• December 30, 2012 2:12 pm

Amen and amen!

• upaces88 permalink
      December 30, 2012 2:37 pm

I live in an area in Texas where we have a great food bank. Compared to Dallas, Houston and Ft. Worth, we are small (70,000 population).
      We have “ONE food bank”. I did volunteer work there for a long time. We finally had to stop giving food to the illegals (didn’t even speak English) because there were so many that our elderly living on social security couldn’t get food when they did need it. There were also families out of work with children at home….they ran out of food for them.

We HAD to place a sign at the door that if you weren’t a legal American Citizen, go to St. Anthony’s Catholic Church (and we named other churches in the area who agreed to help the illegals.)

• December 30, 2012 2:56 pm

You won’t see liberals doing volunteer work at women’s shelters, or food pantries for the homeless. (Total horse patootie! As a street mission minister I gave $7,000 of my own money every year to help the poor.

• upaces88 permalink
      December 30, 2012 2:58 pm

That was very kind of you…however, I would like to see the front and the back of the check uploaded before I believe you.

• December 30, 2012 3:00 pm

It all took place in the late 70s and it doesn’t matter about believing me – – not in the least.

• December 30, 2012 3:13 pm

That is you, John. Do you still give like that? The mission for God never ends even when you feel your ministry does.

• December 30, 2012 4:40 pm

I no longer have the resources to give like that but I would if I could.

• December 30, 2012 3:34 pm

Perhaps that’s why you are blessed John.

2. December 30, 2012 2:58 pm

There were also families out of work with children at home….they ran out of food for them. (Unemployment in Texas, the great conservative fiscal model of all time?
    I don’t believe it!)

3. December 30, 2012 2:59 pm

So folks, the next time you hear a liberal say something like … “Conservatives certainly do not seem to care much about feeding the poor, healing the sick or tending to the needs of the homeless,” know of a certainty that person does not know what he/she is talking about (Liberals are not the ones trying to destroy the social safety net now are they?)

• December 30, 2012 3:15 pm

“Liberals are not the ones trying to destroy the social safety net. ” I am so glad that none of you could have heard my scream over that one! Without a doubt, liberals are out of touch! I could say so much more, but why bother when you all know it and John is closed to hearing it.

• December 30, 2012 3:38 pm

I hear you Marianne. John is being moved … he’s fighting it. But I know a tender heart when I see one.

• December 30, 2012 4:39 pm

Have you had some kind of experience with the safety net that was unsatisfactory? I am open to hearing about it if you have.

• The MAD Jewess permalink
      December 30, 2012 3:59 pm

“Liberals” (Nazis) do NOT EVER feed the poor. EVER. They rely on government. Period.

• December 30, 2012 4:36 pm

I tried to call you today Paulie.

• December 30, 2012 4:38 pm

Liberals invented the government processes through which the poor can access food they might never have been able to obtain without them – – such things as aid for dependent children, wic, food stamps, unemployment compensation . . .you know the drill by now so that statement is somewhat inaccurate in my view.

• The MAD Jewess permalink
      December 30, 2012 4:39 pm

Liberals NEVER go out of their way to be charitable unless something is in it for them, they are SATANS children.

• December 30, 2012 4:43 pm

We are all SOMEBODY’S children MJ.

• The MAD Jewess permalink
      December 30, 2012 4:57 pm

You belong to your father, the devil, and you want to carry out your father’s desire. He was a murderer from the beginning, not holding to the truth, for there is no truth in him. When he lies, he speaks his native language, for he is a liar and the father of lies.

John 8:44

• December 30, 2012 9:54 pm

Guess what? I know what happiness is.

• The MAD Jewess permalink
      December 30, 2012 9:55 pm

Garbage.

• December 30, 2012 11:27 pm

Garbage is cool!
      I love garbage and i love dumps because I have eaten out of dumpsters behind fast food restaurants before they found out and drizzled clorox all over the contents to keep me out of it – – that was in leaner days when I was more of a po boy! I have a great deal of respect for garbage, dumps and dumpsters.

• The MAD Jewess permalink
      January 2, 2013 8:47 pm

So? you’ve eaten garbage. You think you are alone?
      I have more respect for garbage than I do PROGRESSIVES.

4. December 30, 2012 6:38 pm

First off, there is a huge difference between having a college degree and being educated. I have met people with advanced degrees who really don’t have any skills beyond how to do well on tests. What I consider an education is having the real world skills to survive on your own.

Let’s do a thought experiment: Your car has broken down on a country road and you can’t get a cell phone signal. Who do you think is more likely to be able to actually help you–the college professor in the Prius with the rainbow “Celebrate Diversity” sticker in the window, or the redneck in the beat up pickup truck? Who do think is more likely to actually stop and see if you need help?

The other issue here is that liberals and conservatives define compassion differently. For liberals, compassion means getting a person onto a government assistance program, for conservatives compassion means helping a person stay off government assistance.

• upaces88 permalink
      December 30, 2012 6:45 pm

YOU ARE SOOOO RIGHT ABOUT THAT!!!!
      Misha, I was shocked when I was going to graduate school (at age 54). “ALL” they know is in the “outdated” books they teach from. They have no common sense and do NOT like the student knowing the “latest” research on a specific subject because their books are always outdated.
      I have NO respect for the overly educated people.
      A Red Neck is always the one who gives you the HONEST truth about anything because there is no complications about it….it is black and white to them. That’s the way it should be. IF anything is too complicated…something is not right about it…or there is a hidden agenda.

• December 30, 2012 7:37 pm

What a great point Misha!

• upaces88 permalink
      December 30, 2012 7:45 pm

That is the bottom line.
      There was an erroneous idea that if someone stuck with school for 4 yrs, they’d be a good employee…Welp! Folks! That just isn’t true.
      I was a legal secretary and had to teach the NEW lawyer how to draw up legal pleadings.

• December 30, 2012 9:53 pm

What going to a university does teach? It teaches you HOW and where to find information. That’s it! (It also hones critical thinking skills that give an advantage over the mundane and it opens doors that lower education cannot pry open and it broadens the individual and enriches the overall life experience. Most of the time, a college education can be the difference between a lifetime working at a low-skill,no-pay job and actually progressing up someone’s corporate ladder.

• December 31, 2012 2:18 am

You are sadly out of touch. Do you honestly believe that the employment prospects for a 22-year old with a four-year degree (the attendant debt) are better than those for 22-year old with four years of work experience and no degree? If so, you haven’t tried looking for work recently.

• December 31, 2012 6:46 am

My son, the computer genius who works for a major American food distribution center as a marketing analyst and regional sales presentation clown has a college degree and knocks down $100,000 + a year for little more than sitting on his rear end and hob nobbing with executive types – – He has the college degree.

My other son, the karate student, rebel and decidedly 47% dependent works (when he feels like working) at various restaurants (changes jobs a lot) and barely makes enough to scrape himself, his wife and their child through each day. He chose to quit school before graduating High School.

My one rightist acquaintance finished college, got his degree(s) and became a practicing psychologist and became very well-to-do (rich).

My other son, the average everyday sort of joe, finished High School and now works for some right wing christian who runs construction in the summer and spring and who pays his help “bottom of the barrel” wages (No benefits) and who takes great pride in telling my son that he isn’t worth two cents and that if he had lived like the hypocrite I am talking about lived he could have had what the hypocrite has and everything other demeaning and nasty put down he can come across with.

Don’t even pretend to tell me that a college degree isn’t worth it.

By the way, – – have YOU tried looking for work lately?

I will bet my bottom dollar that YOU aren’t taking any of those damned “Gubmint” handouts such as social security and medicare, are you?

Good job!

Proud of you!

• The MAD Jewess permalink
      January 2, 2013 8:48 pm

You learn in univ’s how to bow to Commu-NAZI ism

• December 30, 2012 9:46 pm

for conservatives compassion means helping a person stay off government assistance. (I find they are best at accomplishing this on behalf of their overseas labor forces in the places where they send American jobs.)

• December 31, 2012 2:23 am

Please. Do some research. Find yourself some lists of top corporate donors to conservative and liberal candidates and see for yourself who is doing more overseas outsourcing.

• December 31, 2012 8:17 am

Me? I’m a high school dropout who has been working since I was 16. I’ll admit, I’ve tried to get government handouts, when I was homeless, but the system is set up to discourage getting out of the system–unless you are willing to milk the system full time and give up on trying to support yourself, you can’t live on that “safety net” and it’s easier to get a job.

The welfare system primarily benefits the career bureaucratics who administer it, creates a class of career welfare recipients who can be counted on to vote however they are told, and offers damn near nothing to the working poor of this nation.

Talk to people who actually are poor, not just people who claim to care about “the poor” as if they are some crippled sub-species. The system rewards irresponsible behavior, penalizes any attempt to become self-sufficient, and allows the rich and powerful to feel good about being “charitable” with other people’s money.

I don’t want your charity. I want to be left alone and allowed to work so I don’t need it.

• December 31, 2012 9:32 am

Good for you!
      What you gonna do when you can’t work any more?

• December 31, 2012 10:15 am

Well, since your government is taxing me so highly that I an’t save for retirement, I guess I’ll die. I sure as hell won’t be able to get any of the money I paid into social security back–that’s been paid out a half dozen times already, mostly to people who have never even tried to get a job.

Try leaving your wallet at home and living for a week in the bosom of this compassionate society you’re created. All this welfare state is smoke and mirrors, it taxes the working class to enrich the government.

I agree, it would be nice if there were systems in place to help those people who are cold and hungry, but the government isn’t going to do it, no matter how much money you give them. It’s the wrong tool for the job.

You just don’t get it. WELFARE IN THIS COUNTRY IS A CON GAME. You think that you can just vote for a liberal politician and he’ll fix all those smelly poor people so you won’t have to deal with them. They spend a couple of bucks getting their pictures taken with “the poor” and pocket the rest. Do you believe that anyone working in the government welfare business actually wants to do something serious about poverty? They’ll loose their six figure incomes and benefits if the problem goes away.

The “War On Poverty” has been going on for half a century and poverty owns more of America than it did we started. Maybe it’s time to look for an exit strategy while we still can.

• December 31, 2012 4:16 pm

The “kick the right wingers out and vote democrats in” strategy. Tell me, John, since the dems got in and our deficit went from 4 trillion to 16 trillion, Americans are left to be raped and killed in Benghazi, there is no real fiscal plan by this administration except to blame the Republicans, and obamacare will literally bankrupt this country so DOES IT LOOK LIKE THAT STRATEGY IS WORKING? Just wanted to shout it out to you, John, in case yout hearing was as bad as your perception! How do you feel about the fact that Muslim businesses will be exempt from having to sign on to Obmaacare yet Christian organizations cannot take the same exemption? Ya, that strategy is a real winner, John! Got any other great ideas?

• December 31, 2012 5:11 pm

You answered nothing. Tell me how much better we are off now than before the Democrats took over the Senate and Whitehouse? Your answer was robotic at best. Use your mind, John.

• January 1, 2013 2:43 am

I grew up very poor, John and I understand what it is like to be hungry and not have nice things. And, oh yeah, while I was a single mother raising a child, I worked two and three jobs to support her. I am all for helping those who need help. I am NOT for enabling those who can work but don’t. Surely you are not foolish enough to believe that all those on welfare are “hard working” people who just can’t get a job or are too sick to work??? You are that taken in, are you, John? I worked for the county and I know how the system is worked and abused. Do you? Because of he deadbeats who take advantage of the system, it ties it up so that those who truly need the help have to wait or don’t receive what they need. Check it out, John, instead of just spouting off.

• January 1, 2013 12:13 pm

Well John, I have to say that I somewhat agree with you here. The system definitely needs to be revamped so that those who truly are in need get what they need as that was the purpose of welfare from the beginning. Now it has turned out to be just a free handout. I know 3 people who are on ‘disability” because they claim that they are too depressed to work! And simply based on their own doctor’s approval, they get full disability! I know each of them and they laugh all the way to the bank to cash their checks. They are working on the side doing what they want because they get their disability and have no one keeping tabs. And we are paying for that, John! It has to frustrate you, also. In California, do you know how many people get a doctor to sign a “medical marijuana” prescription for them? They have a bad back. They hurt their toe. Whatever excuse they have, they get to buy marijuana and use it legally and the taxpayers are paying for this! I am talking out of control abuse of the system here. Marijuana has some medicinal benefits for certain diseases but now it is used for every excuse under the sky! Where is accountability? There is none.

• January 1, 2013 12:20 pm

On this you and I are in complete agreement.

• The MAD Jewess permalink
      January 2, 2013 8:49 pm

NO, Limey, the Q is; What are YOU going to do when Hussein Obama taxes your soc sec just like Clinton did to seniors

• AFVet permalink