Cars … the number one killing tool in America

December 19, 2012

I just read an article skewed to make us believe people getting shot to death whether by murder, accidental discharge, or by suicide will surpass deaths by auto-related means by 2015. About 110 people are killed in auto accidents every day in America. But the article says this number should go down soon because more people are wearing seat belts and there are harsher penalties for drunk driving.

There are approximately 85 U.S. deaths by firearms daily. However, about 53 of those are suicides and the piece didn’t give a number for accidental deaths by guns. I’m not sure, but it seems to me if a person is bent on committing suicide, they will find a way. You know, bridges to jump from, ropes to hang from, carbon monoxide from your car exhaust, pills, suicide by pissing off some cop … (or would that be a “gun death”?) etc.  So maybe restoring a little morality and hope for people in America would help bring the number of suicides down … and  Obama resigning from office would for sure help slow down the suicide rate!

I’m not sure of the point of the article beyond to make firearms look evil. But for now the automobile is still the number one killing tool.

HERE

About these ads
  1. upaces88 permalink
    December 19, 2012 12:53 pm

I just made this same argument yesterday. Are we going to ban trucks and cars because someone is killed in an accident (or deliberate attempt to harm someone?)

2. December 19, 2012 2:24 pm

You are both dead wrong on all counts!

Motorized vehicles are NOT the number one killing tools in America today!

The number one killing tools in America today are (1) Knives, (2) Forks, (3) Spoons, (4) Restaurants, (5) Dinner Tables and (6) Snack foods.

More people commit suicide with these lethal weapons than with guns or anything else.

3. upaces88 permalink
    December 19, 2012 5:08 pm

Ronald Reagan: We must reject the idea that every time a law is broken, society is guilty rather than the lawbreaker. It is time to restore the American precept that each individual is accountable for his actions.

4. December 19, 2012 5:33 pm

All deaths are the result of time–everybody dies, eventually, of something. So I suppose that the government should confiscate all of the clocks and calendars and outlaw the teaching of telling time by the sun and stars. We’ll just do away with the passage of time, and no one will ever die again!

• upaces88 permalink
      December 19, 2012 5:38 pm

Misha, IF Obama could gain in some way to have MORE control over U.S. Citizens…he would do just that.
      This has NOTHING TO DO WITH GUNS..this has everything to do with him taking away our rights to defend ourselves.
      IF he was really that worried about the well being of citizens, he’d ban pick-up trucks for having an accident because a child ran out in the street in front of a truck.

This is ALL about having Americans Defenseless against a take-over by his Muslim friends.

• December 19, 2012 6:38 pm

@upaces88:

That is so RACIST and true, John where are you???????
      Please come defend your POS POTUS.

• upaces88 permalink
      December 19, 2012 9:21 pm

LOL..I never mentioned race…not one time. It IS a FACT. He admits he is a Muslim. They hate us because we refuse to join them.

5. AFVet permalink
    December 19, 2012 8:04 pm

Don’t antagonize John Patriot.
    He declared that he is a marksman, qualified on many weapons………
    But wait,,,,maybe he said Marxist.
    I guess either would apply. :)

• December 19, 2012 11:27 pm

Times are a changing and I have moved to an “Independent” political position and changed Blue Heart Chronicles to reflect the changes. From now on I will be more centrist and will chew rear end from both sides and the middle when I think it is needed – – no more die-hard liberal! I think I have been betrayed by those in whom I had put my trust and so I am going independent. Live and learn, I always say!

• AFVet permalink
      December 20, 2012 12:04 pm

Fantastic John,….
      See what happens when you mingle with conservatives ? :)

6. upaces88 permalink
    December 19, 2012 9:24 pm

Stating FACTS is not racist. A FACT IS A FACT…no adjectives..it is what it is to be “ASSumed” what ever any one WANTS to ASSume.

• December 20, 2012 9:13 pm

That was snark and I did not see your comment as racist. If you have any doubts where I stand I suggest you see my site:

I have been counter jihad since 1979 long before the term ever was around like it is today.
      ASSumed was never in my thoughts and I have plenty of folks ASSume WHATEVER about me and where i stand. Does not bother me in the least!

I was one of the maligned and hated as I came out against Islam after the WTC attack in 1993. I have been a blogger since 2008 and never once wavered in my disgust with Islam and sharia law. Obama is a Muslim, period. Islam is a political ideology bent on total submission and a global caliphate established by jihad, stealth jihad and horrific violence, persecution and subjugation.

John and I have a sorta of special friendship and he is most welcome on my site. I even personally invited him and appreciate him quite a bit. He is not your typical liberal and has mentioned that he is more independent and way to go John.

I have removed myself from any affiliation with the Republican party and will be changing to an Independent voter registration. This does not mean I have changed my politics or views, just I refuse to have anything to with either major party and left liberalism long ago. Being registered this way in my state allows me to vote in more elections, not that it does much good.

7. upaces88 permalink
    January 5, 2013 5:21 pm

The Republicans have REALLY let us down!

• January 5, 2013 6:39 pm

I think it’s about time we realize Republicans and conservatives are two different things.