One godless parent complains; one godless principle acts; godless parents of the God loving child do nothing.

December 5, 2012

For decades we’ve witnesses the result of the incremental removal of anything “God” from schools, public property and yes even private property. Christians complain and cry about it as God and any perceived religious symbol has been eliminated from the education system. It’s gotten to the point that even the mention of the name of God or Jesus will get your kid reprimanded or even sued.

One example:

A North Carolina community is embroiled in controversy after a school ordered a six-year-old girl to remove the word “God” from a poem that she was supposed to read during a Veteran’s Day ceremony.

The girl is a first-grader at West Marion Elementary School. She was supposed to read the poem during a school assembly marking Veteran’s Day. The poem honored her two grandfathers who had served during the Vietnam War.

“He prayed to God for peace, he prayed to God for strength,” the poem read.

A parent reportedly found out about the poem and expressed concern about mentioning the word God during a school event. The parent did not want the Almighty’s name mentioned anywhere in the program, according to one account.

“As a principal of a public school, I must put aside my personal religious beliefs and follow the law — which upholds that we have freedom of speech and freedom of religion, but that we, as public schools, cannot endorse one single religion over another.”

HERE

Hmmm … “respecting an establishment of religion, or prohibiting the free exercise thereof” ….

So, that means a six year old kid can’t mention “God” in her little poem honoring her veteran grandfathers … ??  One godless parent complains; one godless principle acts; godless parents of the God loving child do nothing.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Next up … Church Cancels ‘Charlie Brown’ Over Atheist Outrage

A Little Rock church has cancelled a student matinee performance of “Merry Christmas Charlie Brown” after critics complained the show was too religious and therefore violated the Establishment Clause of the U.S. Constitution.

“It is not our desire to put hard-working, sacrificial teachers and cast members in harm’s way,” said Happy Caldwell, pastor of Agape Church …

Charlie Brown is too religious … the pastor doesn’t want to put cast members in “harm’s way”???

Again … one godless parent complained … fearful pastor cowers.

HERE

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

The lack of knowledge of God’s word and fearing man and not God has given us this godless society. Good people, but Christians in name only, (forgive my bluntness) have allowed the ungodly to bully over them and this is what we have. Personally, it makes me sick. But it will continue until Christians reach the point of understanding the fear of the Lord and find the knowledge of God. And that ain’t going to happen until they take seriously the first four verses of chapter 2 of Proverbs … you have to do the first four verses to arrive at what verse 5 says.  That is when Christians will be able to make a stand against the ungodly and stop the bullying.

About these ads
  1. December 5, 2012 5:43 am

Re: The “God” controversy.

(1) If we are to have freedom OF religion in this country then we must,by the same token, have freedom FROM religion.

This is to say that there should be no restrictions on anyone who wishes to practice their religion but there should also be protections against situations where one group can force their doctrines onto ears that are not interested in hearing.

There should be nothing wrong with some little girl mentioning God in her poem so long as the poem does not engage in blatant proselytizing.

It is at the point where any such poem might become a “sermon” and where there is a captive audience that the clamps should be put on.

But the mere fact that a little girl put the word, “God” into a poem should cause no concern to anyone.

(2) It is not only Freedom of Religion that has been trampeled on when such restrictions are put into place.

Such restrictions also affect Freedom of Speech.

Once again I contend that the word, “God” should be allowed to be freely spoken in a public setting so long as the intent is not to try to force one particular doctrine onto someone who may not want to hear about it in a closed or “captive audience” setting.

When I was a kid, (back in the days when dinosaura roamed – – – kidding – – -) we had a couple of teachers from the Bible Belt who crammed Bible reading down our throats just after every lunch period and none of it did any of us any harm so far as I can tell.

To those of who considered this exercise as crap, we simply put our heads down on our desks and slept through it and nothing was ever said.

Government should not get into the religion business any more than religion should get into the government business.

Since those unprotected school days, I have, of my own volition, accepted Jesus Christ as my personal Lord and Savior – – – in my own way – – – according to John 3:16 and I still do not support force feeding religion if someone does not want to hear it.

I support Freedom OF Religion as long as there is some provision for Freedom FROM Religion in an open society like the United States is supposed to be.

• AFVET permalink
      December 5, 2012 1:15 pm

In Ohio, we are forced to pay for the public schools through our property taxes.
      BTW, that is unconstitutional according to the Ohio constitution since the 1930’s.
      It’s amazing to me that all of the governors of Ohio since then have said that they will ‘address’ the problem and yet none have to date.
      Our property tax would be reduced by 75% if we didn’t have that burden.
      For the public school system to dictate what a child can recite in a poem concerning her veteran grandfathers is going too far.

Freedom of speech is just that, freedom of speech, not restriction of speech.
      If the public schools are determined to restrict any reference to God in any context, then we should have the right to restrict the funds that we are mandated, (unconstitutionally in Ohio) to support financially such nonsense.

I do not willingly give my money to the communist party, but by law, I guess I have to.

• December 5, 2012 9:33 pm

Let us first dispense with the myth-driven right wing propaganda idea that there is a functioning communist party in the United States because no matter how disgruntled some of the haters might be, there is no such thing at all operative here.

Secondly – – you are correct that the collection methods used for financing schools in Ohio has been declared unconstitutional by a number of authorities.

But I will go a step further:

I have contended for some time now that if a person has reached a certain age (say 65) and has no kids in school, then that person should be relieved of any legal obligation to pay a portion of property taxes ordinarily slated to be distributed to schools.

I have also maintained that school districts should be treated just like any business and be required to post public operating budgets detailing expenditures in plain and simple terms. I think this would curtail a lot of waste in these systems.

I also believe that we do not need multiple paid assistants for school principals and we sure as heck do not need paid attendants to keep order on school buses.

Also we do not need to see school buses operating on a seven day a week schedule. Sometimes I see eight or nine of these pass me on the road without anyone inside except a driver. Where are they going and what are they doing?

Finally – – – why does a school band need a fully equipped semi-truck trailer with their school name emblazoned across it to travel with their gear in?

Schools are totally wasteful and I get the idea sometimes they must think they have automatic access to a bottomless pit of money at taxpayer expense and I think it is time for them to be forced to tighten their belts.

• AFVET permalink
      December 6, 2012 1:34 pm

John,… we finally agree on something.
      There are communists in this country, however they are called progressives.
      After reading your reply, I agree with the fact that seniors should no longer have to pay for the school systems after their children are no longer in them.
      My wife and I never had children, but through the socialistic system set up,
      we have to pay for the schools until we die.
      My neighbors didn’t help with our house payments, or our car payments.
      The school system we are forced to subsidize has a graduation rate of
      about 65 to 70%, the lowest in the county.
      They should have to produce in the 90’s in order to justify the money we
      send them.
      Last year, the mental midgets running the system, divided the schools to
      the point that if you have three children in grades say 1, 3, and 5, the
      parent had to load the kids up and take them to three different school
      buildings….GENIUS !
      Then the next year they put out a levy that would consolidate the grades back to where they were !

It’s enough to make your head explode.

• The MAD Jewess permalink
      December 8, 2012 10:14 pm

Put a sock in it you wet fart.

• December 9, 2012 1:03 am

Ha! Ha! Ha! Ha! Ha! Ha! Ha! Ha! Ha! Ha! Ha! Ha! Ha!
      Oh…hee! hee! hee! . . . guffaw . . .guffaw…har! har! har! Har de har! – – –very appropriate! Ha! Ha! Ha!

2. December 5, 2012 6:51 am

Part of the problem is that militant atheists and secular humanists are attempting to repress any mention or expression of religious faith outside of a church building. One of the great bedrocks of our faith is that God created us with free will — and every person is free to reject fellowship with Christ. If students in schools are not being *required* to pray or engage in devotional activities, I don’t see a Constitutional problem.

3. December 5, 2012 9:41 am

Sigh … “Congress shall make no law respecting an establishment of religion, or prohibiting the free exercise thereof;”
    That’s pretty cut and dried. We can sit here all day contending what “freedom of religion” and “freedom ‘from’ religion” is …
    it has nothing to do with it. Everyone has the ability to walk out of a religious service, turn off the television, etc. etc. it is not about individuals trying to proselytize, especially a six year old … it’s about state sponsored religion … forcing the masses to adhere to a religion, ideology, etc. ie … Islam. in those middle eastern nations.
    The point of the post is that Christians in general have no back bone, no fear of God and they’ve let the powers of darkness overwhelm them to the point of extinction.

• AFVET permalink
      December 5, 2012 1:40 pm

OK Steve, if I grow a backbone and refuse to pay the portion of my property taxes that go to the local school system, what would happen ?
      Oh, I know, the county would put a lien on our house until we paid up !
      Communism is great isn’t it ?
      Along these lines, the school system we pay for has a 65% graduation rate.
      I think we shouldn’t have to pay 100% for 65%.
      After all, if the school system can’t produce the product, (educated people), why should I be forced to fund it.

I refuse to buy a car with no transmission for full price.
      The taxpayers in Ohio have no choice.

• December 5, 2012 1:58 pm

It’s the same thing here AFVET. Even when your home is paid off …if you don’t pay property tax your home is confiscated. So who really owns your home?
      But my post isn’t about property tax or who’s paying for what. It’s about how in general Christians have been far too ready to “turn the other cheek” and let the anti-God movement get to the point it is today; demonstrated by the crap in the post. “Separation of church and state” my ass!

• AFVET permalink
      December 5, 2012 2:34 pm

I understand the post Steve, but what should the Christians do ?
      Can we refuse to fund the school systems that promote this drivel ?
      Can we go stand in front of the teachers unions and demand that the children have the right to say God in their poems or stories ?
      Can we refuse to allow the school system to promote Barack Obama as some kind of monarch, to be praised?

What is the difference ?
      There is a big difference, and you know it.

For too large of a majority of the public and private school systems in this country, the communistic philosophy has usurped the common sense that many people embrace but are afraid to use it against the powerful regime that can ruin their lives.

We are in the realm of the progressive agenda, many years in the making, culminating as we speak.

• December 5, 2012 4:00 pm

Well AFVET that’s a good question … similar to, what do we do with four more Obama years? He never should have been allowed into the White House to begin with, but he’s there and the do-do is very deep … so, have we crossed the Rubicon? Have we reached the point of no return?
      I guess on incidences like the above it probably wouldn’t hurt to make more “noise” than the adversaries. I don’t have all the answers but we need to start some where. I’m just sick of Christians allowing themselves to be bullied.

• December 5, 2012 10:10 pm

I find it sadly apparent that we seem to have selective religious freedom in this country. There is a discrimination of everything and anything having to do with Christianity. The name of Jesus has been labeled as intolerant. God forbid that the Creator of this world and everything in it should have anything to do with the way we run business here on earth! To quote God’s word through Scripture has become a crime. Yet I find it very disconcerting that Islamist have a bully pulpit to quote the Qur’an anywhere including the part where it tells them that the infidel or unbeliever is to die if they refuse to believe. I hear no one saying anything about that. Too afraid I believe. Now I have heard they will be teaching about Islam in schools! This has all gone too far. Who, beside John Liming, doesn’t believe that Christ is getting ready to return very soon?

4. christinewjc permalink
    December 5, 2012 11:15 am

When “Pulpit Freedom Sunday” came along this year, I could not find a church in my area willing to participate. I have attended Bible studies over the years at 5 different Christian churches, yet none of them had the backbone to participate. And guess what? The IRS answered the call of the churches which were, in fact, saying, “come and get us IRS.” The IRS responded by admitting that they could not do anything about taking away their tax-exempt status! Yet, the “fear” of this has kept churches from participating out of the fear that it would “divide” their church congregation as well as lose their tax-exempt status.

A church that our family currently attends (black pastor, all races attend) had a guest speaker (I couldn’t attend that week) who discussed voting in the 2012 election. Apparently, the speaker went “beyond what he/she was supposed to discuss” and actually came out supporting one candidate over the other. When the head pastor heard about this, he immediately called the church and spoke to the guest speaker about not being “partisan” and choosing one candidate over the other. I looked on the website but the guest speaker’s comments and video are missing. I intend to find out more soon.

I suppose it is best for a pastor to not endorse any one candidate. Many pastors instruct to “vote the Bible.” This year, Christians apparently had problems voting for Romney because he is a Mormon. But Obama is a destroyer of America and against almost everything in God’s Word!! Voting for Obama IS NOT “voting the Bible!”

I could go on and on but I won’t. I really think that the church needs to wake up and smell the commie/jihad going on here and in the world because of ObaMAO and his ilk. How any Christian could EVER VOTE for him is beyond me and UNIMAGINABLE. But some did. Especially minorities. They wanted their “stuff” more than keeping their Christian principles. Many chose race over their relationship with Jesus Christ. They had better confess such sin before they meet Christ in eternity.

• December 9, 2012 1:01 am

Yeah . . . it’s just better to go on covering the hatred with the Bible isn’t it?