A Letter from Hobby Lobby Stores CEO

November 28, 2012

As a very conservative guy, I get sick of reading liberal drivel about how great all the free stuff from the “givernment” is and how the “rich” don’t pay enough. I get sick of reading the justification of every criminal act committed by their ‘god’, Barack Hussein. I’m tired of how they feel others should pay for the consequences of those that are irresponsible in their actions. I get tired of liberals crying that other people played by the rules, happened to be smarter than they are and became successful. Most liberals are fools. The are greedy, demented, perverse, racist, hateful, envious, lewd and mentally deficient in most cases. They get very happy if they think the “rich” or successful people will be taxed more … even though it benefits them in no way. Misery loves company. Okay, that’s enough of that for now.

Barack Obama’s “affordable health care act” is being implemented and is devastating many businesses in the United States. The owners of Hobby Lobby (Obama did not build that) are having to sue to protect the business that they built …

Thanks to beforeitsnews.com

A Letter from Hobby Lobby Stores CEO  (excerpts)

By David Green, the founder and CEO of Hobby Lobby Stores, Inc.

When  my family and I started our company 40 years ago, we were working out  of a garage on a $600 bank loan, assembling miniature picture frames.  Our first retail store wasn’t much bigger than most people’s living  rooms, but we had faith that we would succeed if we lived and worked according  to God’s word. From there, Hobby Lobby has become one of the nation’s  largest arts and crafts retailers, with more than 500 locations in 41  states. Our children grew up into fine business leaders, and today we  run Hobby Lobby together, as a family.

We’re Christians, and we  run our business on Christian principles. I’ve always said that the  first two goals of our business are (1) to run our business in harmony with God’s laws, and (2)  to focus on people more than money. And that’s what we’ve tried to do.  We close early so our employees can see their families at night. We keep  our stores closed on Sundays, one of the week’s biggest shopping days,  so that our workers and their families can enjoy a day of rest …

But now, our  government threatens to change all of that. A new government health  care mandate says that our family business MUST provide what I believe  are abortion-causing drugs as part of our health insurance. Being  Christians, we don’t pay for drugs that might cause abortions …

If we refuse to comply, we could  face $1.3 million PER DAY in government fines.

READ THE REST HERE

About these ads
  1. November 28, 2012 11:18 am

My Mom (93) is surviving spouse on my Dad’s pension from DuPont and her health insurance was just cancelled. They gave her a number to call for some options. My brother is taking her up to talk with them 12/17. I told her to thank Obama.

• upaces88 permalink
      November 28, 2012 12:09 pm

I doubt this will help..she isn’t alone. My own doctor went OUT OF BUSINESS. A distant member of the family moved his practice to Brazil. I haven’t seen a doctor in 2 yrs. AND all because of Obama and his HCB.

On another subject…we have a family friend we have known since she was 14 yrs old. She had learning disability at that time…and they didn’t have what they do today but she did manage to finish high school.

Yet, she has 3 children. a husband and a lovely home in Arizona. Go ahead..ask me what she is doing today. She is NOT lazy. She went out and learned how to sell.
      She is one of those women who made it big in selling Mary Kay Cosmetics.

She has never been in food stamps. She has never taken a dime from anyone. SHE WORKS. They are doing so well, that she and her husband agreed that one of them needed to be at home with the kids when they got home from school so they wouldn’t turn out like the rest of those little assholes we hear about that bully people, and get in trouble.
      She works and he is there for the children. They have been married now for 14 years.
      The woman amazes me.

• November 28, 2012 12:40 pm

I can’t wait to see John’s comment on this.

2. christinewjc permalink
    November 28, 2012 11:33 am

Hi Steve,

Well said, my friend!! I have re-blogged this at Talk Wisdom today. I’m so glad that this fine Christian family man and businessman is willing to fight ObaMAO Hellcare in court! God bless him and with God’s help, may Mr. Green prevail!

• November 28, 2012 12:41 pm

I was glad to see you re-post this Christine. I think it’s important to let folks know what we’re in for.

• upaces88 permalink
      November 28, 2012 12:46 pm

@ Christinewje…I am glad to hear someone is fighting this. IF he won’t make it REALLY public, he will, more than likely, win. ANYTIME, Obama or Holder, for that matter, learn of something like this, they go out in force to stop it. Let’s hope it doesn’t make it to the headlines are on the TV news station UNTIL after it is said and done!

Better still might be that when the win, privately get hold of others in a more quiet way to let them know how to win in court.

3. RLR permalink
    November 28, 2012 4:32 pm

I’m sorry, but this gentleman does no understand the true nature of these pills. He believes that they are abortion pills… but in reality they are just like contraceptives. Here is a page http://health.howstuffworks.com/sexual-health/contraception/morning-after.htm to explain the whole process so that you know the full truth before making your decision. If someone believes that contraception or vasectomies are against their beliefs, then I would agree with them. However, these pills are actually more supportive of God’s will than the other options… these pills do not guarantee the egg doesn’t get fertilized, but it makes it harder to get fertilized. If the fertilized egg is already implanted, then it doesn’t terminate the pregnancy, it allows it to continue without any harmful effects. As a Christian, I realize that there are circumstances that women or couples may desire not to have a pregnancy, but I strongly believe that God has a reason for everything as well. I am against abortions, but believe that there are circumstances that may warrant preventative measures. This is the best solution which allows an option to try to prevent a pregnancy, but still allow a window for God to override your decision because it doesn’t terminate any existing pregnancy. I don’t see where this mandate for the morning after pill is against any religion or against any rights, and it will be saving extra financial hardship or worse yet physical abortions once a baby is truly conceived… which is absolutely worse. Don’t get me wrong… I am definitely agree that there is something wrong with the government at the current time and that there are many things that need to be fixed… but focus on things that you know to be fact, not on misunderstanding of truth that someone on either extreme has fed to the masses. Venting and spewing your anger will not help. All it will do is make you angry and make others angry as well….. choose your battles… choose which affects you the most and choose to do something about it, not just sit on FB venting and spewing animosity, because they win when you do…. you want to see changes. DO SOMETHING ABOUT IT. If enough people actually do something, and not expect others to do it for you, only then will you see change. Example, if the amount of homelessness in your area hurts you, join Habitat for Humanity to help get homes for people. Become the solution, not just part of the problem. If you don’t believe in the morning after pill, then support organizations that educate people to be sexually responsible and supply them with viable options. If you don’t believe in something, then don’t support it…. But PLEASE don’t take away others rights… after all… God didn’t so why should you. GOD GAVE US FREEDOM OF CHOICE. So say what you believe, create or support movements that will actually make a difference, but be as Godlike as possible and let everyone have their freedom of choice.

• November 28, 2012 5:08 pm

I appreciate your input RLR … however after reading the information provided by your link, I’m not sure if that particular piece is relevant to the issue. The people at Hobby Lobby have a problem with having to supply drugs that possibly cause abortions.
      I don’t see in the entire letter written by the CEO of Hobby Lobby where any “rights” are being taken away from anyone … except maybe the right of Hobby Lobby to NOT provide something they are opposed to on personal religious beliefs.
      But honestly I’m not even sure how you’re linking the two together in your comment. Choice to not conceive is exercised in many ways … choice to terminate a pregnancy is something altogether different and it’s wrong no matter what stage the pregnancy is. Whether 5 minutes or 9 months.
      I’m sure the good people at Hobby Lobby have read through the part of the law that’s pertinent to their cause and have made an educated decision as to how it applies to their faith and are proceeding accordingly.

• Tamera Kingston permalink
      December 6, 2012 3:13 pm

Sorry, RLR, but your statement that “God gave us freedom of choice” (shouted in ALL CAPS, no less), is not the point. The fact is, God gave us very clear guidelines on what He expects of those who follow Him in faith. You have the freedom (which is really bondage to your own antinomianism) to choose to ignore His commandments, but you don’t have the right to compel those who exercise their freedom of choice to follow Him to violate their consciences and principles. Or does freedom of choice only apply to those who happen to agree with your positions on things? You can’t even argue the specifics of the science here; it’s irrelevant to the company’s decision. If the Hobby Lobby people believe that the pills are unethical, and they’re footing the bill for the employee medical plan, they ought to have the opportunity to decline coverage for things they don’t think ought to be covered. No one is compelling anyone to work at Hobby Lobby. If a person chooses to work there and doesn’t like their medical plan benefits, they can work elsewhere or pay for the pills necessitated by their own lifestyle and sexual choices themselves. Let the market govern who gets the best employees, based on what benefits, wages, and working conditions are offered by the competing organizations. Unfortunately, this is yet another instance where the government felt the need to step in where it didn’t belong, erroneously determining that externally-funded health care is a “right” rather than a benefit earned by being productive and competitive.

• December 6, 2012 3:39 pm

Thank you for visiting and for your most welcomed comment Tamera. Very well said and I can’t think of anything to add. Perfect.

4. essmeier permalink
    December 12, 2012 5:51 pm

“As a very conservative guy, I get sick of reading liberal drivel about how great all the free stuff from the “givernment” is and how the “rich” don’t pay enough.”

The only people I know who think that government services should be free are Republicans. Everyone else believes that government services should be paid for using something known as “taxes”, a concept in which Republicans do not believe.

Republicans must think that roads come from the Highway Fairy.

• December 12, 2012 6:00 pm

Huh??? What wall are you coming off of ‘essmeier’?
      Roads? Government services?

Read the post and then try to write something intelligent.

Here we are folks … another one that doesn’t have his/her oars in the water.

5. upaces88 permalink
    December 12, 2012 6:06 pm

Stupid idea … just tossing it out there, okay?
    Wouldn’t it be cheaper to pay for the drugs, and somehow(?) NOT dispense them?

1. Appeals Court: Obama Admin Can Force Hobby Lobby to Obey HHS Mandate « Cry and Howl
  2. Support Hobby Lobby Jan. 5, 2013 Shopping Day « Cry and Howl