Rep. Issa Doesn’t Have The Support Of Republicans On The Oversight Committee To Hold Eric Holder In Contempt Of Congress

May 22, 2012

THE HILL

Rep. Issa might not have the votes to push forward Holder contempt charge

Rep. Darrell Issa (R-Calif.) might not have the votes in his own committee to hold Attorney General Eric Holder in contempt of Congress.

A number of Republicans on the House Oversight and Government Reform Committee are wary of moving forward with Issa’s proposed measure, putting the powerful chairman in an awkward position as he attempts to build support for the move.

When compared with the 15 Republicans on the committee who have actively been speaking in favor of the measure, the silence, lack of outspoken support and desire by these eight GOP caucus members to avoid the issue could be a problem for Issa.

MORE RIGHT HERE

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

… “when I saw how out-of-touch Washington had become with the core values of this great nation, I put my name forward and ran for office.” John Boehner

“The work ahead of us will not be easy. We must act swiftly to restore the trust between Congress and the American people.” John Boehner

******

I’ve been thinking that John Boehner must use more “tampons” than most females because I can guarantee, he doesn’t have any cods. The above quotes were written by someone with a form of masculinity and read by Boehner.

The U.S. Department Of Eunuchs of which he is the Chairman has more members than all the other governmental departments and committees.

Darrell Issa wants to bring contempt of Congress charges against Eric Holder for stonewalling Issa’s investigation of the gun running operation known as Fast and Furious. Even though it’s been well over a year, Republicans on the House Oversight and Government Reform Committee are not going to pursue it. So, just to let people know who needs to get a boot right up the old poop-chute when they come up for re-election:

Rep. Justin Amash (R-Mich.) — plans to hold off making his decision until a final draft is put forward

Rep. Frank Guinta (R-N.H.)  — no comment

Rep. Todd Platts (R-Pa.)

Rep.  Mike  Turner (R-Ohio)

Rep. Connie Mack (R-Fla.)

Rep. Tim Walberg (R-Mich.)

Rep. Patrick Meehan (R-Pa.)

Rep. Dennis Ross (R-Fla.)

John Boehner To Halt Fast And Furious Investigation, Sell Out To Holder And White House

Boehner mum on Holder as ‘Fast and Furious’ investigation gathers momentum

Boehner Sabotaging Fast and Furious Probe

About these ads
  1. May 22, 2012 2:57 pm

Issa lacks support for what is just a stunt.

• May 22, 2012 4:07 pm

A stunt? A “stunt” for what? So you think the Fast and Furious operation was/is justified and Eric Holder isn’t stonewalling? I have to tell you … as much as I try to rationalize the thinking of those on the left, this is one case where there should not be a ‘right or left’. Fast and Furious was a criminal act that resulted in the death of a U.S. Border Patrol agent and the deaths hundreds of innocent Mexican civilians. And you think this is cool and investigating this is a stunt? I surely hope not friend. If you do why don’t you tell me just where you draw a line … or is there one?

• AFVET permalink
      May 22, 2012 10:14 pm

310 loves to antagonize conservatives.
      Never has a come back.

• AFVET permalink
      May 22, 2012 10:07 pm

OK 310, a stunt.
      Like the stunt the Pelosi/Reid health care bill is ?
      How about the NDAA bill ? Is that a stunt too ?
      Isn’t it just fantastic that we have a president that can’t find his a$$ with a road map and yet he has the ability to intimidate 535 elected congressional parasites.
      Isn’t this just great ???
      Congress as it stands is worthless, we’ll take care of that in November.
      In the mean time, we’re taking notes.
      If you want to live under a dictatorship,…move to Cuba.

2. May 22, 2012 3:46 pm

We need. More. Conservatives.

3. The Mad Jewess permalink
    May 22, 2012 6:47 pm

We dont have conservatives with ‘balls’.
    WOW, Steve, you have over 5K people today!

• AFVET permalink
      May 22, 2012 10:30 pm

Yes we do have conservatives with balls.
      Hopefully you will see them come November.

4. May 23, 2012 9:07 am

This site rated “R” lol… In regard to Boehner, I guess you’re saying enough for the both of us. I was P.O.’d enough to do a blog of my own; however I wasn’t able to relocate the material I wanted to use. Instead, I found a rather interesting take on Social Democrats from their site. After hesitating to read it, I finally did, and I commented here: http://partneringwitheagles.wordpress.com/2012/05/23/historysocial-democrats-and-a-different-look-at-liberalism/

5. May 23, 2012 9:35 am

P.S. PLEASE add a “Press this” tab to share your blogs. I don’t like the “reblog” method. “X”

• May 23, 2012 10:09 am

Hmmmmmm. Never thought about that. I’ll see if I can handle that.

6. May 24, 2012 10:31 pm

What a bunch of wussies! They so need to be voted out of office.

@JustTurnRight – “If they are true Conservatives, the balls are included.” I love that! So right on! LOL :D