Steve’s Comment To: What You Should Know About Hatred In America

April 8, 2012

Just a note: At American Liberal Times the blogger claims that Republicans and conservatives want the wealthiest Americans to pay no taxes at all. I haven’t responded to this ridiculous claim as of yet, but I probably will soon enough.

I had a couple liberals comment on my post One Reason The U.S. President Is To Be A Natural Born Citizen. You can click on the link and read the comments and my reply to both. Both commenters have blogs, which I added to my blogroll. I was thinking about some of the things the blogger at American Liberal Times  was writing about in his post What You Should Know About Hatred In America and I’d like to respond to some of the claims made in that post.

I’m going to take some excerpts from the post and respond to them. The excerpts will be shortened to keep this thing as short but as accurate as possible. Links to the post are provided if anyone wants to check the accuracy of the excerpts.

Okay, here is the first statement I’d like to address:

Hatred, virulence and vitriol:
Sometimes I am of the opinion that these three characteristics are what defines much of Radicalized Conservatism in America today.
Their myth media is filled with all kinds of negativity against Liberals and Democrats and I often hear such descriptions as “Commies, Nazis, Filthy, Unwashed, and Dirty” used to describe the Democrats, Liberals and Progressives of America.
Most often, I have heard terms like these applied to those involved in the Occupy Wall Street Movement and similar social protests.
Sometimes I get the impression that many on The Right Wing are just simply eaten up with hate, bitterness or angst of one kind or another and that very little of it is justified. (My opinion, of course.)

I shake my head at this statement. The recent “Occupy Wall Street Movement” has been rife with documented crime ie rape and sexual assault, drug use, and have contributed to the rise in gun violence. Extremely unsanitary conditions have created major problems for the police and local residents.  As far as “Commies” and “Nazis” are concerned, personally I wouldn’t go quite that far. However, this might shed a little light on the subject.

The provided links above are not articles of “hate”, “bitterness”; perhaps some “agnst” to the local residents … caused by the demonstrators. The links point out facts. Facts are not hatred or bitterness, but … facts, and they speak for themselves.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~

As a Liberal, I think abortion is a horrible thing and I don’t like it at all but I also think that abortion is something that no one has a right to stick their nose into except the person who makes the decision to go that route or not to go that route.

This kind of decision and the circumstances surrounding the issue are certainly no business of either the government or any group of moralists. The government’s role in the question of “Abortion” should simply be to protect the right of a woman to choose one way or the other.

The operative word here is “Freedom.” (Freedom of choice.) That would be the “American” thing in my way of thinking.

I agree. Abortion is a “horrible thing”. Let’s get to the “nut cuttin'”. If (and these are Steve’s opinions) a woman gets pregnant; incest, rape,  pregnancy occurs … have the abortion right away. Before any developemnt occurs. (I know, I’m probably wrong on that, but it’s my opinion) Don’t wait until the baby is coming down the birth canal and have a “doctor” stop it mid way and chop it up after sucking its brain out. Abortion should not be an option for the woman that chooses to have sex, then as summer approaches, she decides she’s not going to look very “hot” in her bikini because she’s 8 months along so she has a late term abortion. Abortion goes out the window when the choice was made to have pre-mediated sex. Choice has consequences, and in most cases one chooses to have sex. As far as the government controlling abortion issues … I think the states should have their own laws.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

I understand that many Conservatives resist the idea of legalizing Gay Marriages.

I have often wondered just what the threat might be that these Conservative Activists feel about Gay marriages.

If a traditionally married couple feel threatened by the idea of Gay marriage, then I ask, “Do they feel like Gay marriage would threaten their union?  Is their marriage so weak that the idea of Gay marriage is a threat to it?”

I gotta say, this is the first time I’ve ever heard that traditionally married people feel threatened by gay marriage. That’s a new one on me.

Anyway, my response to ‘gay marriage’ is, where do we draw the line? Should there be morality at all in “The Land of the Free”? That’s what the blogger calls America. He claims to live in “Christian” America. Okay, should there be a line of morality at all in Christian America? Maybe we should just do away with any line of morality. Brothers and sisters can marry. Mothers can marry sons if her husband dies or they get a divorce. Dad, you go ahead, divorce your wife and marry your daughter, after all she “hot” and looks like a younger version of your wife. Men, you love your dog so much, marry the dog.

The problem with gay marriage is not just the moral issue. The confusion and stress it causes when you get children involed is unacceptable. Do we protect our children from confusion and stress? Do we protect our children against exposure to unnatural life styles? I would mine. No, I don’t believe that traditionally married folks are threatened by gay marriage. They just think that it’s a threat to something that was established since the beginning of time, and the earth would never have gotten populated other wise. Gays are free to marry; just not each other.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Another idea from Conservatism that I view as a little “Crazy” says that jobs can be created and the economy can be grown by giving tax breaks to the very wealthiest 1% of our citizens.
I think that if you look at History and stats, it will be easy to discern that idea has never worked and, in my opinion, never will.  But they keep on harping about it, don’t they?

Okay, I’m not really going to respond to that statement because it’s too vague. First, what tax breaks to the “very wealthiest 1% of our citizens”
What history and stats, and what idea has never worked? There are no links, there are no references, so I’m not sure what the blogger is talking about. The blogger talks about “parroting talking points”. Jeez, what is the “tax breaks for the rich” mantra, if not a talking point of left?
I could show statistic after statistic how the top 10% of America’s wealthy pay over 70% of all income taxes. How about the top 1%? They more more in actual dollars than the entire bottom 90%.  Personally, I’ve never worked for a poor person. I’ve never worked for someone that earns a salary equivalent to mine. It seems that most of the folks I’ve worked for are fairly wealthy and provide jobs for people like me. Hmmm … so if that “wealthy” guy doesn’t have to pay 90% of his earnings to the government, he just might be able to invest that money into expanding his business … and provide more jobs to more peope. Nah! Tax that bastard! He’s rich!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

What I find interesting is that we never, and I mean never, hear liberals challenge the government to control spending; to do away with the gross waste.  Just tax the rich more because … well … their rich. They continually fall for the b.s. fed to them that America isn’t “fair”; that poverty is the fault of rich people.

Let me say this as I’m getting tired now; the residents of the inner city neighborhoods have major problems. Problems with unemployment, with education and crime, etc. Why don’t we ever see liberals, especially the pillars of civil liberty and anti-poverty and anti-racism doing anything about it? You don’t see Jesse Jackson, Al Sharpton or the New Black Panthers building homes. You don’t see them sponsoring a neighborhood improvement program.  You don’t see them trying to improve education for inner cities. You don’t see them sponsoring a mentoring progarm to help underprivileged kids. But you’ll see them, Barack Obama included, denying the use government vouchers to those folks, keeping them in the lousy educational system … all the while sending their kids to the best schools in the country. You’ll see them rallying around a tragedy to get some publicity … but doing nothing for the families of the victims. These people exploit their own race, and people like the blogger at the American Liberal Times fall for their race baiting, class warfare line of crap every time.

About these ads
  1. April 8, 2012 6:12 pm

1) Life begins at conception, there is no argument about that, even scientists agree on that. For those that think that it is not human until it reaches a certain point, they can only go by feelings on that one, and since they are guessing and do not really know, they are making a deliberate or ignorant choice. To make a deliberate choice if you do not really know, is to choose to murder. The problem is that those who don’t have a conscience work hard at convincing the ignorant that it isn’t life.
    2) homosexuality is a perversion according to the Bible, if those who choose this lifestyle believe that it is a must and that they were born this way, I know that God loves all His children but His judgement will also fall on all. Sins are sins and we all make choices, small and large. I won’t condemn them, I have no desire to condemn anyone. I ask for forgiveness for my own sins, great and small. You are absolutely right that accepting perversion as a norm, weakens and dilutes the moral fabric of all. For those that push this, that is their desire, if they can drag us down with them, that will suit them as well.
    3) I think for a lot of liberals, big government is a way of avoiding responsibility. If someone else takes care of the problem, it takes the burden off their shoulders. And for others it is the idea that they know better than anyone else and they can use government to force others to do what they think is right. Power, control, lack of responsibility and last but not least, to many of them government takes the place of God. It is their idol!
    4)Lastly, our education system has been corrupted over the years and God taken out of it. They do not have the ability for independent thought because they are told to shut up and sit down and never, ever question the teacher. If they do have the nerve to question they are labeled as troublemakers and it follows them into adulthood. At the same time that they say they are against bullying and manipulation they are doing that very thing. The dichotomy of the left is partially because of they as children they haven’t had the moral compass of God to guide them and they are constantly told not to believe what their eyes see but to listen to those in power.. It is going to take a tremendous effort the make change, my friend, and I truly wonder if it can be done. I know that man alone cannot, we must have the help of God!

• April 8, 2012 8:21 pm

Thank you for commenting Loopy. You’re absolutely correct that life begins at conception. Actually the scriptures tell us that God knew us before conception. Personally I think abortion should be outlawed altogether. However for the sake of argument I gave the answer I gave knowing that I’d get the response I got from the Christian perspective. Now, I think all pregnancies should be carried to term then the child put up for adoption, if the mother doesn’t want it, regardless of how the child was conceived. Period. Right now, the argument isn’t whether there is life in a pregnant woman’s body. Right now, we have gotten to the point of it becoming acceptable to kill a baby after it’s born … life itself is not the point anymore; It’s what child is or is not going to be a burden on the parent, financially or emotionally that determines whether it’s allowed to live.
      With all the rest, and I’m not trying to be a wise guy, but you’re preaching to the choir. We have to consider these views on gays and abortion, etc are from people that replace God with what they think is compassion for good people that have bad things happen to them whether by choice or circumstance. I believe everyone should become born again and look for God to split the eastern skies at the coming of Christ, though I doubt that’s going to happen.
      I understand 100% the tactics of the left. Profess tolerance at the same time practicing intolerance for those that don’t accept things such as abortion on demand, or the homosexual lifestyle, etc.
      We’ve allowed these things into our society. Christianity is just as much to blame as anything else. Passive, half-baked, comfortable Christians not wanting to become involved in politics, not giving a thought that political decisions have a great deal to do with our freedom to worship, etc. So what do we do? What do Christians do? We need to start restoring this nation’s morality, and that has to be done a little at a time. Use the exact same incremental tactics that the powers of darkness has used to get as far as they have. But that ain’t going to happen either. Christians, conservatives, ‘right-wingers’ all have allowed the “nut-job” label to stick by passiveness and the unwillingness to fight for what we once had.

• April 9, 2012 7:21 am

I agree with you pretty much Cry, but I do see more and more pastors speaking up and willing to stand. They realize that a major part of the problem has come from them not standing up. My own pastor brings this up quite frequently. I don’t know if this will save this country or not, but hopefully it is a start in the right direction. I get disgusted when I listen to pastors like Rick Warren. They lead their people astray and to their eternal death in order to get along. Christ did not tell us to get along, He told us to love our enemies as ourselves and that is quite different. If you love someone, you do your best to make sure that they are on the right path, you don’t attempt to change the path in order for them to do whatever they want.

• April 9, 2012 8:02 am

Yes ma’am. One deception that is very insidioius is the notion that God is only a God of love; like He’s the Easter Bunny or Santa Clause … I’ve always felt that pastors should teach the true personality of God and stop watering down what the word of God really says …

When I say unto the wicked, O wicked man, thou shalt surely die; if thou dost not speak to warn the wicked from his way, that wicked man shall die in his iniquity; but his blood will I require at thine hand.
      Nevertheless, if thou warn the wicked of his way to turn from it; if he do not turn from his way, he shall die in his iniquity; but thou hast delivered thy soul.

When I shall say to the righteous, that he shall surely live; if he trust to his own righteousness, and commit iniquity, all his righteousnesses shall not be remembered; but for his iniquity that he hath committed, he shall die for it.
      Ezekiel 33: 8-9 … Ezekiel 33:13

2. April 8, 2012 9:24 pm

This is an interesting statement and I am sure that I must have read it wrong or taken it out of context or something.

YOU WROTE: “I believe everyone should become born again and look for God to split the eastern skies at the coming of Christ, though I doubt that’s going to happen.”

MY QUESTION: “If we should become born again and look for God to split the eastern skies at the coming of Christ, though it may not happen, what is to prevent me from saying “We should all read The Bible and obey it’s teachings though none of it probably ever happened?”

• April 8, 2012 10:37 pm

Thanks for the comment and question. Nothing is preventing you from saying that, but it would be inaccurate. The part of my statement, “I doubt that’s going to happen” was referring to the fact that NOT EVERYONE is going to become born again and look for God to split the eastern skies … the ‘not everyone’ is the part that’s not going to happen.
      If we all did read the Bible and obey it’s teachings, it would benefit everyone, regardless of whether the events recorded therein happened or not.
      I’ve spent 40 years reading the Bible and studying it’s teachings and I’ve never found anything negative or harmful in it. Actually, if a person would just read say, the book of Proverbs only, and took heed to what it says … they would do very well in their lives.
      I surely hope you and your family had a great Easter weekend. I also hope you’ll visit again soon. I’ll surely be visiting your blog again.

3. Betty permalink
    April 8, 2012 10:55 pm

That is a very good statement, Steve. And while it is true that abortion is totally wrong at any stage….because, like the Bible says….He knew us before we were even conceived…we are dealing with folks that have been so indoctrinated into this unGodly society with its beliefs…we have to use wisdom…and deal with them accordingly.

Abortion is murder and it is wrong. May God have mercy on this pitiful country.

• April 9, 2012 5:20 am

Thank you for visiting and your most welcomed comment Betty. The reason this nation is in such a pitiful state is because we’ve allowed Godless people to run it in the past, and now we have an outright enemy of our Lord at the helm.

• April 9, 2012 7:22 am

Amen to that my friend, amen!

4. April 11, 2012 1:30 am

It always amazes me when libs take this notion that they know what conservatives believe, when they really don’t have a clue. They hear what they want to hear, presume what they want to presume, and never let the facts or truth get in the way of their presumptions.

I was just noting that over on PUMA’s blog the other day, she had a link up that was rather mind-boggling to listent to. It’s like they walk around with their fingers in their ears.

5. June 1, 2012 2:11 am

This is a news blog….

• June 1, 2012 5:12 am

This is a blog about whatever I want it to be. Politics, news, religion, terrorism, music, poetry, photography, fun, family, pets, friends, love, racism, life, war, peace, and even the weather.
      Thanks for stopping by Rahul Pandey.